Are you looking to further your supply chain career with one of Canada’s leading producers of natural and organic food products? Here is an excellent opportunity to join the production team at Roquette Canada in Portage la Prairie. Roquette Canada was selected and recognized as one of Manitoba's Top Employers (2020).
In the role of Grain Merchandiser, you will source and coordinate the procurement of raw materials needed for production. Building strong relationships with producers will be key as you participate in pricing negotiations and maintain responsibility for supporting documentation. If you’re an organized problem solver but also a people person, we want to hear from you. Contact Pinnacle, today! Quote Job# 17975 in the subject line.
Why work for ROQUETTE?
What you will do
- Maintain open communication with field producers and transportation partners to ensure order fulfillment that matches production schedules
- Lead and develop strategic relationships with raw material producers; provide customer support to ensure optimal levels of communication
- Support department manager with contract renegotiations and pricing renewals on an annual basis to increase overall producer retention
- Partner with logistics providers to establish efficient and effective movement of raw materials
- Validate raw materials forecasting to coordinate with production schedule
- Maintain strategic market knowledge through industry contacts and market intelligence
Qualifications and Experience
- Post-secondary education in agri-business or science
- 3+ years of experience in raw materials buying, grain merchandising and/or logistics within the agricultural sector
- Superior ability to build and maintain customer relationships, with a track record of high customer retention
- Demonstrated success negotiating key contracts and agreements
- Experience working with ERP and/or SAP systems would be an asset
- Strong commitment to customer service and proven ability to solve complex problems through solutions-focused communication
- High degree of integrity and professionalism
Share this Posting