WELDING SHOP MANAGER – (Winnipeg, Manitoba)
Do you have strong leadership skills and hands-on welding experience? Are you familiar with health and safety procedures in a production environment?
This respected Canadian company requires a confident professional to join its team. As Welding Shop Manager, you will organize and supervise welders and welding work on the night shift. If you have proven attention to detail and analytical skills, they could be your next career opportunity.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
* Plan, schedule, and oversee activities of the production department, including MIG, TIG, and spot welding
* Proactively resolve conflict and address personnel and disciplinary issues
* Deliver ongoing training and guidance to all team members and support a positive and respectful team culture
* Ensure regular production, quality, and safety targets are met
* Liaise with customers, suppliers, production, and engineering to ensure requirements are met
* Develop and implement initiatives to improve welding processes using Lean manufacturing concepts
* Manage health, safety, and environmental systems according to industry regulations
* Strive for 100% first time pass (zero defects)
* Communicate engineering problems in a timely and efficient manner
* Ensure proper maintenance of tools and equipment by all employees
* Supervise, train, and motivate production employees
* 5+ years of experience in an industrial production environment
* 3+ years of welding experience
* 2+ years of supervisory experience in a unionized manufacturing environment; excellent leadership skills
* Strong Lean Manufacturing knowledge and experience with continuous improvement
* Experience building, testing, and implementing process improvements would be an asset
* Strong understanding of engineered welds and a variety of welding processes
* Track record of achieving deadlines and maintaining quality and safety targets
* Excellent communication skills and ability to motivate a team
* Proven ability to manage priorities and efficiently solve problems
* Ability to read blueprints and engineering fabrication drawings
* Proficient skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
WHY WORK WITH THIS COMPANY
* Strong and team-focused company culture
* Respected and growing Canadian manufacturer
* Strong compensation and benefits
Please send a resume to CATHRYN THOMAS, Senior Recruitment Consultant, at [email protected] or phone 204.926.2249 for more information.
Does your current job harness your full potential? As a leading recruitment firm in Manitoba, with 25 industry specialized recruiters, Pinnacle can help. Since 2002, Pinnacle has been connecting top-tier talent with top-tier Canadian companies in a variety of industries, business areas, and sectors.
Share this Post