VICE PRESIDENT, UNDERWRITING (Winnipeg, Manitoba)
Are you a seasoned property and casualty underwriter who leads by example to provide true leadership to a team? This respected insurance company is looking for a professional who has successfully navigated a few business cycles in the insurance industry. Within two years, the successful person in this role will transition into the Executive Vice President position, overseeing all underwriting functions across Canada. As Executive VP, you will be awarded shares in the company, with the opportunity to shape future growth and success.
This role will be responsible for providing exceptional leadership to the underwriting team. You will manage the company’s underwriting strategies to ensure profitability and managed growth. The successful candidate will continuously improve the customer experience and expand the capabilities of the underwriting team.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
* Direct underwriting operations throughout the company to drive profitability and managed, sustainable growth
* Lead commercial underwriting team (part of the team as VP, evolving to all Canadian underwriters as Executive VP)
* Provide subject matter expertise to underwriters; review and advise on complex claims
* Analyze business performance and trends to identify and implement improvements to underwriting processes and controls and to the customer experience – taking in to account appropriate risk tolerance
* Develop and maintain strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, including insurers
* Regularly report on performance metrics, including compliance
* Foster a culture of high performance – mentor the underwriting team by communicating directives, fostering engagement, and providing timely and specific feedback
* Develop and advise on departmental goals, budgets, and strategic plans
* 15 to 20 years of commercial underwriting experience, including at least 5 years in a management or senior leadership role
* Expert-level technical skills in property and casualty underwriting
* Advanced knowledge of underwriting policies and practices and the ability to keep up with industry shifts and trends
* CIP or FCIP designation preferred; MBA or equivalent education would be a strong asset
* Exceptional business management and leadership skills, with the proven ability to drive engagement and foster change
* Ability to formulate strategic plans and budgets
* Demonstrated problem-solving skills and ability to negotiate through challenging situations
* Ability to delegate – ability to know how much you can take on yourself and what you need to delegate
* Proven relationship building excellence and success building trust; superior communication and presentation skills
* Entrepreneurial and goal-oriented work ethic
Maurice Cadieux, Senior Recruitment Consultant, at [email protected] or phone 204.926.3508.
Does your current job harness your full potential? As a leading recruitment firm in Manitoba, with 25 industry specialized recruiters, Pinnacle can help. First, we get to know you – your skills, experience, career goals, and desired work culture. Next, we present you with the best -matched career opportunities. Finally, once you have found a perfect fit, Pinnacle helps ensure a smooth transition. When you’re prepared to take the next step in your career, Pinnacle will be ready to help.
Share this Post