UNION REPRESENTATIVE (Winnipeg, Manitoba)
Are you looking for an opportunity to engage with and make a difference in the lives of working Manitobans? One of Canada’s largest private-sector unions is looking for a Union Representative with demonstrated emotional and business intelligence to help optimize relationships through a variety of means between employers and unionized members.
This role requires a critical thinker with a background in labour relations, human resources and/or union representation. If you have a strong understanding of collective bargaining agreements, including experience interpreting them, this could be your next career opportunity.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
* Monitor and maintain a strong understanding of the collective bargaining agreements (CBA) for each represented employer
* Liaise with members to assist with interpreting CBAs, workplace health benefits coverage, pension/retirement plans, employee rights and legislation
* Promote the benefits of belonging to a union and advocate on behalf of members
* Lead grievance investigations: update key stakeholders as necessary, report on findings post investigation, summarize whether the grievance is valid or not and prepare appeals, if necessary
* Assists specialists with preparation for both arbitrations and/or collective bargaining negotiations
* Work with Union members, including Shop Stewards and Health & Safety Committee members, along with members of the Management team to address issues, while maintaining and building collaborative working relationships.
* Conduct frequent site visits to meet with members, shop stewards, and health & safety committee members
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
* 2 to 3 years of experience in labour relations or human resources within a unionized environment or experience within a labour organization
* Post-secondary education in business, industrial/labour relations or business management
* Proven experience interpreting CBAs and with grievance management
* Solid understanding of employee labour standards and legislation
* High emotional intelligence and effective communication skills
* Demonstrated critical thinking skills and a strong sense of urgency
WHY WORK WITH THIS ORGANIZATION?
* Engage with and advocate for members of one of Canada’s largest private sector unions
* Opportunities for professional development
* Excellent compensation and benefits
Please send a resume (quoting job number 17352 to DAN LABELLE, Senior Recruitment Consultant, at [email protected] or call 204.926.3514 for more information.
Does your current job harness your full potential? As a leading recruitment firm in Manitoba, with 25 industry specialized recruiters, Pinnacle can help. Think of Pinnacle as a personal shopper for your career: First, we get to know you – your skills, experience, career goals, and desired work culture. Next, we present career opportunities that are best suited to you.
Finally, once you (and the companies we work with) have found a perfect fit, Pinnacle helps you with the details to ensure a smooth transition. When you’re prepared to take the next step in your career, Pinnacle will be ready to help.
Share this Post