SHOP SUPERVISOR – METAL FABRICATION (Winnipeg, Manitoba)
Do you know metal fabrication inside and out? Here is an excellent opportunity to join a rapidly growing company that will respect your input on operational efficiency and process improvements.
As Shop Supervisor – Metal Fabrication you will be responsible for effective management of labor, productivity, quality control, and safety measures. If your experience includes KPI reporting and preventative maintenance, this could be your next career move.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
* Plan, schedule, and oversee the work of the shop team – balancing wages and staffing levels against revenue
* Hire and train employees
* Evaluate and communicate employee performance, including corrective actions, motivation programs, and compensation changes
* Prepare action plans to maintain and improve productivity and quality standards
* Develop, implement, and enforce policies and procedures to improve product handling, shipping & receiving, equipment utilization, and inventory management
* Analyze and identify process improvements related to space requirements and equipment layout
* Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by ensuring compliance with industry standards and government regulations
* Prepare annual budgets and forecast expenses – complete audits
* Address and resolve customer issues and strive to improve the customer experience
* Report on performance and efficiency KPIs to senior management
* 5 to 10 years of metal fabrication shop experience, ideally including sheet metal, welding, CNC laser equipment, and preventative maintenance experience
* Post-secondary education related to metal fabrication or a related field
* Experience with process development and continuous improvement; 5S training would be ideal
* Extensive leadership experience, with proven people and conflict management success
* Track record of communicating effectively and making sound decisions in a fast-paced environment
* Excellent negotiation skills
WHY WORK WITH THIS COMPANY?
* Opportunity to interact closely with senior management and ownership groups
* Rapidly growing company on track for aggressive expansion in the next five years
* Participate in the move to a new facility
* Excellent opportunities to professional development
Please send a resume (quoting job number 16992) to CATHRYN THOMAS, Senior Recruitment Consultant, at [email protected] or phone 204.926.2249 for more information.
Does your current job harness your full potential? As a leading recruitment firm in Manitoba, with 25 industry specialized recruiters, Pinnacle can help. Think of Pinnacle as a personal shopper for your career: First, we get to know you – your skills, experience, career goals, and desired work culture. Next, we pick the best career opportunities from an exclusive list. Finally, once you (and our clients) have found a perfect fit, Pinnacle helps you with the details to ensure a smooth transition. When you’re prepared to take the next step in your career, Pinnacle will be ready to help.
Share this Post