SENIOR HUMAN RESOURCES GENERALIST (Winnipeg, Manitoba)
Do you have a reputation for managing diverse workloads under tight timelines? Are you an HR professional who can build effective relationships with people throughout a company, both union and non-union?
As a Senior Human Resources Generalist for this unique Manitoba manufacturer and global distributor, you will perform a range of HR activities, including labour relations, policy design, training, and program development. Preference will be given to candidates who have demonstrated experience in labour relations, namely with investigations and grievance resolution.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
* Maintain positive relations between staff and management: mediate on issues and grievances; interpret company policies, legislation, and the collective agreement
* Conduct labour dispute investigations and conclude with appropriate action as per the collective agreement and/or legislation
* Support the collective bargaining process through research and planning
* Contribute to the development and execution of the company’s human resource strategic plan
* Support manufacturing plant team in development and succession planning
* Research, develop, and assist in the implementation of HR policies and procedures
* Participate in the execution of recruitment strategies for permanent and seasonal employees, including pre-screens, interviews, reference checks, and offer letter creation
* Monitor and resolve employee attendance issues: document disciplinary actions and terminations in line with the collective agreement and legislation
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
* Post-secondary education in human resource management; CPHR designation or CPHR Candidate would be an asset
* 3 to 5 years of experience as a human resource generalist – preference will be given to candidates with labour relations and collective bargaining experience
* Proven ability to interpret a collective agreement, and provincial legislation and regulations
* Track record of sound judgement, working through interruptions, and tackling conflict head on
WHY WORK WITH THIS COMPANY?
* Opportunities for growth with a company undergoing positive transformation
* Tenured employees with a wealth of knowledge
* Competitive compensation package, including pension
Please send a resume (quoting job number 17167) to DAN LABELLE, Senior Recruitment Consultant, at [email protected] or call 204.926.3514 for more information.
Does your current job harness your full potential? As a leading recruitment firm in Manitoba, with 25 industry specialized recruiters, Pinnacle can help. Think of Pinnacle as a personal shopper for your career: First, we get to know you – your skills, experience, career goals, and desired work culture. Next, we present career opportunities that are best suited to you.
Finally, once you (and the companies we work with) have found a perfect fit, Pinnacle helps you with the details to ensure a smooth transition. When you’re prepared to take the next step in your career, Pinnacle will be ready to help.
Share this Post