SENIOR EMBEDDED HARDWARE ENGINEER (Winnipeg, Manitoba)
Do you want to join an established company that continuously looks for ways to innovate? This is an excellent opportunity to contribute to next-generation electronics, guiding products through the development lifecycle – from concept to market release. As a Senior Hardware Engineer, you will have the unique opportunity to remain hands-on in design and to provide leadership to a team of dynamic engineers.
We are looking for a professional with well-rounded experience – who has navigated the ups and downs of product delivery in a manufacturing environment and is also interested in leading a tenured team. If you are skilled at balancing multiple projects and priorities, this could be your next professional opportunity.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
* 70-80% of the role – Design embedded hardware products (analog, digital, circuits, schematics)
* Foresee and communicate about potential risks in the development process
* Accurately quote projects and set strategic schedules and priorities
* Participate in and lead design reviews
* Engage with and support production
* Debug electronics and systems down to the component level
* Write, review, and execute test plans
* 10-15% of the role – Lead the hardware design team
* 10-15% of the role – Complete administrative functions
* Identify and implement continuous improvement initiatives
* Post-secondary education in electronic, electrical, or computer engineering
* 8+ years of hardware design and development experience
* Strong analog and digital design skills and experience with embedded systems
* Experience with the complete product development lifecycle (from design-testing, to production, to marketing-release)
* Working knowledge of a variety of interfaces (e.g. Serial, I2C, SPI, USB, Ethernet)
* Proven success troubleshooting design issues
* Strong communication and relationship building skills
* Ability to pull teams together for effective collaboration
* History of balancing multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
* Experience with Altium Designer and/or version control systems (e.g. svn, git) would be an asset
WHY WORK WITH THIS COMPANY?
* A highly respected Canadian company that values the contributions of its employees
* An organization committed to continuous improvement
* Ongoing professional development opportunities
* Excellent benefits, including gym subsidy
Send a resume (quoting job number 17172) to RHAE REDEKOP, Executive Recruitment Consultant, at [email protected] or phone 204.926.3502 for more information.
Does your current job harness your full potential? As a leading recruitment firm in Manitoba, with 25 industry specialized recruiters, Pinnacle can help. Think of Pinnacle as a personal shopper for your career: First, we get to know you – your skills, experience, career goals, and desired work culture. Next, we present career opportunities that are best suited to you. Finally, once you have found a perfect fit, Pinnacle helps you with the details to ensure a smooth transition. When you’re prepared to take the next step in your career, Pinnacle will be ready to help.
Share this Post