SAFETY & ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGER (Winnipeg, Manitoba)
Are you a health and safety professional with success implementing and managing programs in a manufacturing environment? This global, publicly traded company is looking for a Safety & Environmental Manager for their Winnipeg operation. In this role, you will oversee programs that increase environmental health and safety, maximizing compliance with industry standards and government regulations. The ideal candidate for this role will have a least eight years of progressive health and safety within the manufacturing sector.
If you are known as solutions oriented and can apply that expertise to everything from program improvements to safety training, this could be your next career opportunity.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
* Oversee facility safety and environmental programs, and support optimal compliance with SAFE Work procedures
* Lead development of safety systems and policies, including training
* Conduct production floor safety inspections (including audits) to ensure compliance with corporate protocols and government regulations
* Lead incident investigations to determine root cause; develop corrective and preventative actions, job hazard analyses, and risk assessments
* Manage the disability management and return to work programs, overseeing the relationship with WCB
* Oversee third-party contracts, including safety training and testing
* Report on safety and environmental metrics to senior management (e.g., job incidents, injuries, inspections, audits)
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
* 8 to 10 years of progressive health, safety, and environmental experience within the manufacturing sector
* Post-secondary education in health, safety, or environmental management
* Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) designation would be considered an asset
* Proven experience developing and leading safety and health programs, including procedures, training, audits, and inspections
* Working knowledge of local and provincial safety and environmental regulations
* Confident communication, conflict management, and problem-solving skills
WHY WORK WITH THIS COMPANY?
* Global, publicly traded company with over $5 billion in revenue
* Contribute to the company’s goals of continuous improvement and growth
* Competitive salary and benefits
Please send a resume (quoting job number 17417 to DAN LABELLE, Senior Recruitment Consultant, at [email protected] or call 204.926.3514 for more information.
Does your current job harness your full potential? As a leading recruitment firm in Manitoba, with 25 industry specialized recruiters, Pinnacle can help. Think of Pinnacle as a personal shopper for your career: First, we get to know you – your skills, experience, career goals, and desired work culture. Next, we present career opportunities that are best suited to you.
Finally, once you (and the companies we work with) have found a perfect fit, Pinnacle helps you with the details to ensure a smooth transition. When you’re prepared to take the next step in your career, Pinnacle will be ready to help.
Share this Post