REGISTERED VETERINARY TECHNICIAN (Winnipeg, Manitoba)
Do you want to work for the leading animal wellness center in Winnipeg? Does the opportunity to work for an animal welfare organization with unrivaled community outreach initiatives excite you?
As the Registered Veterinary Technologist, you will care for all animals in the shelter and perform any health-related duties.
Pinnacle is proud to announce that they have partnered with the Winnipeg Humane Society on veterinary opportunities. The WHS was founded in 1894 and has always been committed to alleviating suffering in the local community. Today, they are one of Canada’s most successful and proactive adoption centers. If you want to gain experience in a busy non-profit environment where you can make a difference, connect with Dan or apply below today.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
* Perform physical examinations of all animals in the shelter to assess health and stability for future adoption
* Contribute and support pre-surgical procedures for planned and emergency surgeries
* Conduct lab testing, results, analysis, and communicate findings to veterinarians
* Calculate, dispense, and administer prescribed medications
* Perform medical treatments and procedures as directed by the vet
* Document relevant medical information to ensure compliance
QUALITIES THAT OUR CLIENT WOULD CONSIDER:
* A graduate of a recognized Registered Veterinary Technologist (RVT) program and registered with the Manitoba Veterinary Technologist Association (MVTA)
* 6+ months of experience working in a private veterinary practice or shelter
* Exposure to performing small animal treatments and administering drugs
* Proven ability to perform duties under pressure and tight timelines
* Effective at building relationships across multiple departments
WHY WORK WITH THIS COMPANY?
* A state-of-the-art facility
* An opportunity to build your veterinary skills in a busy environment
* You can make a difference in a local non-profit
* Competitive compensation package including a continuing education allowance
Send a resume (quoting job number 19969) to DAN LABELLE, Senior Recruitment Consultant, at [email protected] or call 204.926.3514
Does your current job harness your full potential? As a leading recruitment firm in Manitoba, with 25 industry specialized recruiters, Pinnacle can help. Think of Pinnacle as a personal shopper for your career: First, we get to know you – your skills, experience, career goals, and desired work culture. Next, we pick the best career opportunities from an exclusive list, many of which you will never see advertised.
Finally, once you (and our clients) have found a perfect fit, Pinnacle helps you with the details to ensure a smooth transition. Best of all, we offer this service at no cost to you. When you’re prepared to take the next step in your career, Pinnacle will be ready.
Share this Post