PROVINCIAL NORTHERN-COMMUNITY VETERINARIAN (Winnipeg, Manitoba)
Are you seeking a one-of-a-kind role where you can leave the traditional clinic to bring medicine to animals where they need it? Do you want to work for an animal welfare organization with unrivaled community outreach initiatives?
As the Provincial Northern-Community Veterinarian, you will travel to isolated northern Manitoba communities to bring vital healthcare services to local pets. This will be a fantastic opportunity to build new skills in ever-evolving environments as you evaluate the needs of disparate communities.
Pinnacle is proud to announce that they have partnered with the Winnipeg Humane Society on multiple veterinary opportunities. The WHS was founded in 1894 and has always been committed to alleviating suffering in the local community. Today, they are one of Canada’s most successful and proactive adoption centers. If you want to gain experience in a busy non-profit environment where you can make a difference, connect with Dan or apply below today.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
* Lead the veterinary outreach program for underserved and remote communities in Manitoba
* Provide leadership, mentorship, and coaching to key northern partners
* Oversee and assign daily workflow within the clinic
* Perform a wide range of surgeries on small animals: spay/neuter, soft tissue, dentistry, and orthopedic
* Facilitate vaccine and parasite control clinics
* Deliver a wide range of animal-related education programs and promote animal welfare wherever you go
QUALITIES THAT OUR CLIENT WOULD CONSIDER:
* Valid DVM license with the Manitoba Veterinary Medical Association (MVMA) or eligible to be licensed
* 3+ years performing small animal surgeries
* Experience performing a high volume of spay/neuter operations
* History of veterinary work in temporary clinics is an asset
* Willingness to travel up to 2 weeks per month
* Proven team leadership skills and a commitment to serving the community
WHY WORK WITH THIS COMPANY?
* A state-of-the-art facility
* An opportunity to build your veterinary skills in a busy environment
* You can make a difference in a local non-profit
* Competitive compensation package including a continuing education allowance
Send a resume (quoting job number 19968) to DAN LABELLE, Senior Recruitment Consultant, at [email protected] or call 204.926.3514
Does your current job harness your full potential? As a leading recruitment firm in Manitoba, with 25 industry specialized recruiters, Pinnacle can help. Think of Pinnacle as a personal shopper for your career: First, we get to know you – your skills, experience, career goals, and desired work culture. Next, we pick the best career opportunities from an exclusive list, many of which you will never see advertised.
Finally, once you (and our clients) have found a perfect fit, Pinnacle helps you with the details to ensure a smooth transition. Best of all, we offer this service at no cost to you. When you’re prepared to take the next step in your career, Pinnacle will be ready.
Share this Post