PROJECT ACCOUNTANT (Southeast of Winnipeg, Manitoba)
Are you an open communicator who can be flexible when solving problems? Here is an opportunity to continuing growing your accounting career with a leading Manitoba company.
As Project Accountant for this growing construction company, you will complete accounting functions related to a multi-million-dollar construction project in the agricultural sector. To succeed in this role, you will demonstrate excellent time management skills and solid knowledge in accounting principles. If you have a track record of getting the job done efficiently, we want to hear from you.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
* Work within the accounting team (3 or 4 people)
* Prepare purchase orders (8 to 10 per day)
* Match purchase orders with packing slips
* Edit and verify subcontractor terms and submit information to data entry clerk
* Order supplies and materials
* Oversee expense reporting
* Submit payroll slips to payroll team
* Work and communicate closely with Project Manager
* Monitor project progress and ensure expenses are entered and projected accurately
* Monitor contractor invoices for overages – ensure extra costs are billed and management is notified
* 2 to 5 years of accounting experience related to construction projects (commercial construction preferred)
* Agricultural background would be an asset
* Strong understanding of accounting practices
* Post-secondary education in accounting is preferred
* Strong software skills, including Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
* Track record of strong interpersonal and communication skills
* Proven work ethic and ability to work independently
* Demonstrated project managements and organizational skills
* Ability to balance multiple tasks in high-pressure situations
* Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
WHY WORK WITH THIS COMPANY?
* Opportunities for professional development and growth
* Low stress environment with a laid-back management team
* Strong benefits, including flexible work hours
Please send a resume (Word format preferred) quoting job 17360 to COURTNEY CZEZOWSKI, Senior Recruitment Consultant, at [email protected] or phone 204.926.3519 for more information.
ABOUT ACCOUNTANTS NOW
Does your current job harness your full potential? Think of Accountants Now as a personal shopper for your accounting and finance career: First, we get to know you – your skills, experience, career goals, and desired work culture. Next, we connect you with top finance & accounting job opportunities with top Manitoba companies.
Finally, once you have found a perfect fit, Accountants Now helps ensure a smooth transition. When you are prepared to take the next step in your career, Accountants Now will be ready to help.
Share this Post