NETWORK ADMINISTRATOR (Winnipeg, Manitoba)
Would you like to own end-to-end Network Infrastructure for a multi-site company with innovative projects?
With a variety of initiatives including Cloud, virtualization, and Information Security – physical networking will be a major focus and this is the position to take a key role. Specific focus for this role will be a complete network redesign & implementation from cabling to hardware equipment. There is also a need for a DMZ, better focus on network security and general environment up-time. With Dell switches, Sophos firewalls and a variety of other equipment in place, there is a sound foundation, and this role will be predominantly project focused (as opposed to support).
With Information Security as a growing concern, this will also be the key person to help educate end-users on best practices, put in proper Network Security, and assist in audit/compliance projects.
We thank all who apply, however only candidates currently located in Manitoba will be considered for this role.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
* Design, configure & maintain LAN/WAN equipment (routers, switches, firewalls, etc.)
* Administration network environments
* Monitor firewall solutions and focus on hardening vulnerabilities
* Resolve escalated support issues
* Document solutions and present to clients
* A minimum of 7 years of experience administering LAN/WAN systems with multiple sites
* 5+ Years of experience managing firewall access policies
* 3+ Year of experience planning, designing, and implementing advanced network technology
* 2+ Years of experience with network / server security with hands-on experience resolving vulnerabilities
* Ability to author documentation presenting architectural diagrams
* Ability to take ownership of issues and resolve them efficiently
Please send a resume to (quoting job number 18290) IAN MCLEOD, Senior IT Recruitment Consultant at [email protected] or call 204.926.2243
WHY JOIN THIS COMPANY?
* Established Manitoba engineering company
* Opportunities for challenging physical infrastructure projects
* Dynamic team with ever-evolving requirements
Does your current job harness your full potential? As a leading recruitment firm in Manitoba, with 25 industry specialized recruiters, Pinnacle can help. Think of Pinnacle as a personal shopper for your career: first, we get to know you—your skills, experience, career goals, and desired work culture. Next, we present career opportunities that are best suited to you.
Finally, once you (and the companies we work with) have found a perfect fit, Pinnacle helps you with the details to ensure a smooth transition. When you are prepared to take the next step in your career, Pinnacle will be ready to help.
Share this Post