LEAD PACKAGING OPERATOR (Portage la Prairie, Manitoba)
Are you looking to get your foot in the door with one of Canada’s leading producers of natural and organic food products? Here is an excellent opportunity to join Roquette Canada in Portage la Prairie, Manitoba. As the Lead Packaging Operator, you will be responsible for loading and unloading, and moving both raw materials and finished goods within the plant by following established operating procedures. You will also lead by example and contribute to team effort as needed in cross-functional training and support of other department roles as needed for operations.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
* Operating all material handling and packaging equipment safely and efficiently
* Maintaining equipment safety check logs and maintenance logbooks, as well as basic preventative maintenance
* Conducting routine tours and inspections of the warehouse, packaging area, and inbound/outbound loading areas with Health & Safety
* Analyzing process and production/packaging flows and troubleshoots any process issues
* Participating in audits for required standards of inventory control, quality, and completes ISO corrective actions as required
* Minimum 5 years’ experience in warehouse logistics, distribution, or freight forwarding
* Experience in food/feed processing, cold storage, and or beverage distribution/inventory control is an asset
* Post-secondary education related to distribution, logistics, warehousing, food processing, chemical manufacturing, etc is an asset.
* Strong computer skills, ability to use Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word) and SAP WMS/ERP programs, etc.
* Excellent communication skills: ability to communicate within and across all departments
* Proven leadership skills
Please email your resume (quoting job number 17291) to Bevin Lylyk at [email protected]
Does your current job harness your full potential? As a leading recruitment firm in Manitoba, with 25 industry specialized recruiters, Pinnacle can help. Think of Pinnacle as a personal shopper for your career: First, we get to know you – your skills, experience, career goals, and desired work culture. Next, we pick the best career opportunities from an exclusive list, many of which you will never see advertised. Finally, once you (and our clients) have found a perfect fit, Pinnacle helps you with the details to ensure a smooth transition. Best of all, we offer this service at no cost to you. When you’re prepared to take the next step in your career, Pinnacle will be ready.
Share this Post