IT INFRASTRUCTURE MANAGER (Winnipeg, Manitoba)
Do you have a broad range of IT knowledge and experience? Are you looking for an IT management position where you have the resources to solve IT problems instead of focusing on help desk issues?
Our client is seeking an IT manager who can take charge of new IT challenges, including VPN, cloud, and keeping a remote workforce connected. A separate team is responsible for help desk/support; This means that you can focus on proactive projects and stakeholder engagement.
As the IT Infrastructure Manager, you will manage a team of 10 people. These people oversee IT hardware, servers (Windows and Linux), multiple OS environments, and file backup (disaster recovery and SAN/NAS). In addition, you will communicate technical information to stakeholders.
Due to the nature of this role and the technology involved, candidates must reside in Winnipeg and go to the office regularly.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
* Meet with stakeholders to plan for future IT needs (this will occupy 50% of your time)
* Communicate with the team to set goals and meet project deadlines (about 30% of the role)
* Design the architecture of solutions and plan implementation (20% of the position)
* Occasionally work on a project when extra help is needed
* A minimum of 2 years of team management where you were responsible for multiple individuals
* 10+ years of experience with IT infrastructure as an administrator, team lead, or analyst
* 7+ years with multiple versions of VMware
* 7+ years of experience with networking, switching, routing, and firewalls
* 7+ years working in Windows environments
* Deep knowledge of backup and recovery strategies
* Extensive experience managing critical redundancy and failover processes
* Proven history of applying information security principles to IT
* Multiple years of experience working with a private cloud environment
Send a resume (quoting job number 18477) to PHIL MOSHER, Senior IT Recruitment Consultant at [email protected] or call 204.926.2228
WHY JOIN THIS COMPANY?
* The company has been named a Manitoba Top Employer 10 times in the past 14 years – including 2020
* Direct influence over key stakeholders
* Growing IT environment with opportunities for project ownership
Does your current job harness your full potential? As a leading recruitment firm in Manitoba, with 25 industry-specialized recruiters, Pinnacle can help. Think of Pinnacle as a personal shopper for your career: first, we get to know you —your skills, experience, career goals, and desired work culture. Next, we present career opportunities that are best suited to you.
Finally, once you (and the companies we work with) have found a perfect fit, Pinnacle helps you with the details to ensure a smooth transition. When you are prepared to take the next step in your career, Pinnacle will be ready to help.
Share this Post