iSERIES ADMINISTRATOR (Winnipeg, Manitoba | Workplace Type: In-Person)
Do you have a wealth of experience supporting IBM’s AS/400 systems? Does the opportunity to become a subject matter expert on these systems sound exciting to you?
As the iSeries Administrator, you will monitor server and infrastructure system performance while working to maintain its health and operational continuity. This will include writing code in a variety of languages.
Our client is a local manufacturer founded in Winnipeg nearly 50 years ago. Its success – and product quality – is due to the excellence of its staff. If you are looking to take your career to the next step, connect with Marny or apply below.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
* Survey ERP server and infrastructure system performance
* Work with outside partners to identify and resolve issues
* Upgrade the system as necessary to maintain its health
* Ensure that all methodologies are followed to guarantee system stability
* Backup and recover data to ensure continuity of operations
* Participate in (and lead) projects related to the server environment
* Assist with testing during new software rollouts
* Help define new projects and develop and document solutions
* Identify and meet the requirements of internal and external users
QUALITIES THAT OUR CLIENT WOULD CONSIDER:
* Experience with IBM iSeries systems management
* History working with an Enterprise Resource Planning System (ERP), preferably Frontier
* Knowledge of SAN Management software
* Experience with RPG ILE, CL, DDS, or XML is an asset (training can be provided)
* SQL or other databases interfaces like IBM Query
* An understanding of IBM WebSphere is an asset
* Knowledge of SharePoint is an asset
WHY WORK WITH THIS COMPANY?
* An inclusive company culture with a flat hierarchy
* Opportunities for growth and professional development
* A process-driven manufacturer always seeking improvement
* A competitive compensation package that includes a bonus program
Send a resume (quoting job number 19762) to MARNY BARNES, Senior IT Recruitment Divisional Leader, at [email protected] or call 204.926.2228
Does your current job harness your full potential? As a leading recruitment firm in Manitoba, with 25 industry specialized recruiters, Pinnacle can help. Think of Pinnacle as a personal shopper for your career: First, we get to know you – your skills, experience, career goals, and desired work culture. Next, we pick the best career opportunities from an exclusive list, many of which you will never see advertised.
Finally, once you (and our clients) have found a perfect fit, Pinnacle helps you with the details to ensure a smooth transition. Best of all, we offer this service at no cost to you. When you’re prepared to take the next step in your career, Pinnacle will be ready.
Share this Post