INTERMODAL COORDINATOR | TRANSPORTATION (Winnipeg, Manitoba)
Are you a recent transportation graduate who is ready to harness their potential and take on a new challenge to advance your transportation industry knowledge?
As an Intermodal Coordinator will be responsible for managing carrier/customer relationships, identifying, and acting on opportunities, negotiating rates, support, sustain and generating intermodal freight. Attention to detail, data accuracy and effective equipment management are crucial to the success of this role.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
* Coordinating pick ups and deliveries with the appropriate contacts
* Submitting equipment requests; maintain accurate billing details
* Source qualified carriers to meet the needs of the network; maintain adequate ratios of carrier capacity to customer volume
* Scheduling appointments when applicable
* Communicating arrival times to the customer and various railways/trucking companies
* Tracking and tracing the movement of containers; effectively and proactively mitigating equipment costs
* Verify invoice accuracy, dispute discrepancies, communicate/resolve inconsistencies
* Maintaining accurate shipping instructions to ensure units arrive at the requested destination
* Maintain transit schedule calendar, Data entry integrity
* Exceptional time management, prioritization of tasks
* Handle customer inquiries in an expedited/timely manner
* Engage in other projects and activities as needed
* Prior industry experience would be ideal, but the right attitude is key
* Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
* Exceptional decision making and organizational skills
* Strong customer service, communication, and interpersonal skills
* The ability to thrive in a fast-pace, deadline-oriented environment
* Sound analytical and critical thinking skills, with a proven ability to problem solve and create solutions
* Proactive, assertive, ability to adapt and adjust on the fly
* Team player with an entrepreneurial mindset
WHY WORK FOR THIS COMPANY?
* Established & growing transportation company
* Room for growth and advancement
* Strong Team Environment
* Gym on-site
Please send a resume (quoting job # 19282) Cathryn Thomas [email protected]
Does your current job harness your full potential? As a leading recruitment firm in Manitoba, with 25 industry specialized recruiters, Pinnacle can help. Think of Pinnacle as a personal shopper for your career: First, we get to know you – your skills, experience, career goals, and desired work culture. Next, we pick the best career opportunities from an exclusive list, many of which you will never see advertised. Finally, once you (and our clients) have found a perfect fit, Pinnacle helps you with all of the details to ensure a smooth transition. Best of all, we offer this service at no cost to you. When you're prepared to take the next step in your career, Pinnacle will be ready.
Share this Post