HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGER (Winnipeg, Manitoba | Workplace Type: On-site)
Are you a proven Human Resources leader who excels at building community and culture? Would the challenge of supporting a large, progressive unionized manufacturer as it expands its production capacity be truly exciting for you?
As the Human Resource Manager, you will lead the day-to-day human resource operations. This includes supporting plant operations, collaborating with various business units, coaching the human-resource team, and fostering strong working relations with the union.
Our client is a business founded in Winnipeg nearly 90 years ago. It is now one of the largest manufacturers of its kind in Canada as it maintains steady year-over-year growth. The company reinvests this growth into business enhancements – meaning that the HR Department is always evolving. If you want to take your skills to the next level with a company employing more than 500 people, connect with Dan or apply below today.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
* Collaborate with the HR team on executing recruitment strategies for non-union and union positions: this includes pre-screening, interviews, reference checks, offer letters, etc.
* Serve as a trusted advisor between staff and managers to improve communication while maintaining relationships and resolving issues
* Mediate on issues and grievances; interpret collective agreements, company policies, and legislation
* Support collective bargaining activities
* Resolve workplace issues through investigations, document warnings, disciplinary actions, and terminations
* Support the development and management of employee recognition programs; identify and recommend employee retention strategies
* 5+ years of leadership and progressive HR generalist experience; a history in manufacturing, labor relations, and collective bargaining is preferred
* Post-secondary education in human resource management; CPHR designation is an asset
* Demonstrated understanding of HR compliance to provincial labor standards and regulations
* Proven ability to provide strategic human-resource-related ideas (retention, employee relations, performance management)
Send a resume (quoting job number 19418) to DAN LABELLE, Senior Recruitment Consultant at [email protected] or call 204.926.3514
WHY JOIN THIS COMPANY?
* A steadily growing business
* One of the top suppliers in its niche nationally
* A positive and friendly work environment
* Committed to investing in new technology and equipment
Does your current job harness your full potential? As a leading recruitment firm in Manitoba, with 25 industry-specialized recruiters, Pinnacle can help. Think of Pinnacle as a personal shopper for your career: first, we get to know you — your skills, experience, career goals, and desired work culture. Next, we present career opportunities that are best suited to you.
Finally, once you (and the companies we work with) have found a perfect fit, Pinnacle helps you with the details to ensure a smooth transition. When you are prepared to take the next step in your career, Pinnacle will be ready to help.
Share this Post