GENERAL MANAGER (Winnipeg, Manitoba)
This respected Canadian property developer is in search of a seasoned General Manager with a track record of effective contract negotiation and project planning.
The General Manager will be pivotal to the company's mission of securing and executing property acquisition and development projects that meet budgets and timelines and exceed quality goals. In this role, you will be challenged to manage multiple priorities in a team-oriented environment. If you have a track record of mentoring staff and managing project finances with efficiency and finesse, we want to hear from you.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
* Oversee all aspects of land development projects, including due-diligence, planning, scheduling, budgeting, and approvals
* Conduct research and market analysis on land availability – leverage real estate relationships and respond to tenders
* Negotiate new land acquisition and land development contracts, including securing municipal approvals
* Work with the project team to procure required construction materials and schedule construction personnel at adequate levels
* Analyze project finances and feasibility; evaluate revenue and assess risk
* Oversee finances of each project, including budgets and reporting
* Report regularly to the ownership board on all aspects of land development projects and acquisitions
* Lead and mentor the land development team (up to 10 staff): deliver professional development, agree on performance metrics and goals, conduct annual performance reviews
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
* 10+ years of progressive leadership experience within the land/property development, residential/commercial construction, or real estate sector
* Post-secondary education in business, real estate, or land development
* Proven experience leading residential building projects (single or multi-family)
* Track record of leading multi-million-dollar land acquisition and development contract negotiations
* Experience preparing and reporting on profit and loss statements
* Strong business intelligence and acumen
* Excellent communication and confident negotiation skills
WHY WORK WITH THIS COMPANY?
* Young management team, with a strong vision for growth
* Opportunity to lead multiple exciting and challenging projects
* Company with a history of promotion from within
Please send a resume (quoting job number 17306 to DAN LABELLE, Senior Recruitment Consultant, at [email protected] or call 204.926.3514 for more information.
Does your current job harness your full potential? As a leading recruitment firm in Manitoba, with 25 industry specialized recruiters, Pinnacle can help. Think of Pinnacle as a personal shopper for your career: First, we get to know you – your skills, experience, career goals, and desired work culture. Next, we present career opportunities that are best suited to you.
Finally, once you (and the companies we work with) have found a perfect fit, Pinnacle helps you with the details to ensure a smooth transition. When you’re prepared to take the next step in your career, Pinnacle will be ready to help.
Share this Post