ENVIRONMENT, HEALTH & SAFETY ADVISOR (Portage la Prairie, Manitoba)
Do you want a position with lots of room to grow and learn as the plant reaches full capacity? This is an exciting, once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to work in a brand new, world-class plant – the first of its kind in Manitoba.
As the Environment, Health & Safety Advisor, you will support the manufacturing facility’s environmental, health & safety program components and work to mitigate future environmental incidents through audits, reporting, and driving procedural changes. In addition, you will lead the management of environmental policies/procedures and regulatory compliance.
Located in Portage la Prairie, MB, Roquette entered production last summer as this company’s first Canadian plant. If you are looking for an opportunity to work for a global organization with unlimited potential, connect with Dan or apply below today.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
* Develop standard operating procedures for the environmental management system, including training staff
* Create in-depth sustainable development plans to control ecological impacts
* Lead a cross-functional team in the implementation of ISO 14001
* Support investigations into environmental accidents and incidents; use these to design and implement corrective and preventative action plans to mitigate future risk
* Assist in maintaining/updating environmental emergency response plan
* Assist in internal/external waste audits
* Facilitate auditing procedures to ensure consistent regulation compliance with environmental licenses, and national pollutant registry reporting
QUALITIES THAT ROQUETTE WOULD CONSIDER
* Post-secondary education in environmental science or a similar program in health, safety, or ecology
* 2+ years of environmental program management experience, preferably in food, pharma, or aerospace manufacturing
* Experience implementing and/or managing ISO 14001 standards would be preferred
* Knowledge of environmental, provincial, and federal regulations
* Proven communication skills
Send a resume (quoting job number 19671) to DAN LABELLE, Senior Recruitment Consultant at [email protected] or call 204.926.3514
WHY WORK WITH ROQUETTE?
* A $600M plant – the largest facility of its kind in the world
* A global leader in plant-based ingredients
* Modern technology and equipment
* Opportunities for professional development
* Competitive compensation
* A federally regulated plant
Does your current job harness your full potential? As a leading recruitment firm in Manitoba, with 25 industry-specialized recruiters, Pinnacle can help. Think of Pinnacle as a personal shopper for your career: first, we get to know you – your skills, experience, career goals, and desired work culture. Next, we present career opportunities that are best suited to you.
Finally, once you (and the companies we work with) have found a perfect fit, Pinnacle helps you with the details to ensure a smooth transition. When you are prepared to take the next step in your career, Pinnacle will be ready to help.
Share this Post