EMBEDDED SOFTWARE ENGINEER (Winnipeg, Manitoba | Workplace Type: On-site)
Do you have extensive control-system design experience? Do you want to work with a growing team of engineers and get involved in multiple product-lifecycle stages?
As the Embedded Software Engineer, you will design, implement, and support all manufactured products with embedded systems. In addition, you will develop software that facilitates the real-time acquisition of data and control of platforms with varying complexity.
Our client is a world-class manufacturer that has been implementing lean manufacturing methodologies for more than a decade. This is a company with strong policies in place, which will allow you to hit the ground running.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
* Create software that meets manufacturing requirements
* Document design decisions so that work is repeatable; archive all documentation and source code files
* Coordinate with electronics developers to ensure that designs support the software
* Review product specifications to ensure they conform to all requirements and company standards; recommend changes or improvements as necessary
* Develop professional knowledge by participating in various educational opportunities; share your knowledge with colleagues, and help mentor new hires
* Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering or Computer Science; equivalent experience will be considered
* 4+ years of proficiency in C (or other low-level languages) and embedded software development
* Comfortable with testing methods and troubleshooting tools
* Working knowledge of various types of data communications between microprocessor systems
* PC software development experience is an asset
* Familiarity with Agile (Scrum) processes a bonus
Send a resume (quoting job number 19432) to Todd Georgeson, Senior IT Recruitment Consultant at [email protected] or call 204.926.2243
WHY JOIN THIS COMPANY?
* Very high employee retention rate
* A global organization that offers excellent growth opportunities locally and internationally
* Support for employee development through training and mentoring
Does your current job harness your full potential? As a leading recruitment firm in Manitoba, with 25 industry-specialized recruiters, Pinnacle can help. Think of Pinnacle as a personal shopper for your career: first, we get to know you—your skills, experience, career goals, and desired work culture. Next, we present career opportunities that are best suited to you.
Finally, once you (and the companies we work with) have found a perfect fit, Pinnacle helps you with the details to ensure a smooth transition. When you are prepared to take the next step in your career, Pinnacle will be ready to help.
Share this Post