TITLE: Director of Engineering
LOCATION: Winnipeg, Manitoba
SIZE: Local Branch within Global Chain
STATUS: Full-Time / In-Person
Lead maintenance operations with a luxurious brand servicing high volumes of clientele every day. From day-to-day assessments and repairs to long-term sustainability planning, your role is vital in ensuring the functionality, design, and modernization of this legacy building, so customers will leave satisfied and eager to return.
WHY WORK WITH THIS COMPANY?
In addition to your generous salary, this organization tracks overtime and offers flexible usage options, so you’ll be compensated fairly for your work. You’ll have your choice of benefits packages, depending on the needs of you and your family, as well as a pension plan, vacation package, and a bonus plan targeting up to 20% of your salary. Work perks include discounted food/drinks and global travel, complementary dry cleaning, and free downtown parking.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
* Perform daily structural assessments and building maintenance tasks.
* Ensure preventative maintenance with quarterly room inspections.
* Lead special projects when needed.
* Manage CAPEX budget for all equipment and in-house machinery.
* Train and oversee engineering and maintenance team.
* Remain on-call 24/7 to provide assistance when issues arise.
* Monitor trends in sustainability and social consciousness to propel efficiency and modernity of both the building and overall brand.
* Collaborate with team members across different departments.
SKILLS YOU’LL BRING:
* 5th Class Power Engineering certificate
* Hospitality experience is a strong asset (will also consider experience in property management or high-traffic building maintenance)
* 2+ years of management experience
* Flexible, quick to action, and able to multitask in a fast-paced setting
* A critical thinker with a proactive mindset—able to prevent issues before they arise, making long-term plans for continued improvement
* A confident communicator and supportive leader with excellent customer service skills
Send a resume (quoting job number #20378) to Dan LaBelle, Senior Recruitment Consultant at [email protected]
Does your current job harness your full potential? As a leading recruitment firm in Manitoba with 25 industry-specialized recruiters, Pinnacle can help. Think of Pinnacle as a personal shopper: First, we get to know you — your experience, skills, career goals, and desired work culture. Next, we pick the best career opportunities from an exclusive list, many of which you will never see advertised.
Finally, once you (and our clients) have found a perfect fit, Pinnacle helps you with the details to ensure a smooth transition. Best of all, we offer this service at no cost to you. When you’re prepared to take the next step in your career, Pinnacle will be ready.
Still searching for opportunities? Visit our website where we post exciting new openings every week.
Share this Post