DIRECTOR OF INVESTIGATIONS & EMERGENCY RESPONSE (Winnipeg, Manitoba)
Have you proven your ability to manage high-pressure situations while juggling large volumes of work? Are you a compassionate, intelligent professional who wants to work for an organization that improves the surrounding community?
As the Director of Investigations & Emergency Response, you will liaise between veterinary and non-veterinary staff regarding animal welfare.
Pinnacle is proud to announce that they have partnered with the Winnipeg Humane Society on multiple veterinary opportunities. The WHS was founded in 1894 and has always been committed to alleviating suffering in the local community. Today, they are one of Canada’s most successful and proactive adoption centers. If you want to gain experience in a busy non-profit environment where you can make a difference, connect with Dan or apply below today.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
* Lead the investigations and Emergency response team to enforce provincial laws, including the Animal Protection Act and other regulations related to animal welfare
* Serve as the principal liaison between the shelter and the Chief Veterinary Office (CVO)
* Oversee departmental workload and flow to ensure distribution of work is adequate and urgent matters are addressed
* Lead the department’s strategic planning to support change, growth, and efficiency
* Monitor, complete, and provide reports on budgets, including proposing and presenting budgets for review
* Coordinate with internal departments regarding all animals in care
* Work with senior managers to define strategy and set goals
QUALITIES THAT OUR CLIENT WOULD CONSIDER:
* Post-secondary education in criminology, law enforcement, security, or business
* 3-5 years of progressive leadership experience, managing multi-disciplinary teams
* Experience overseeing budgets and developing department strategy
* History in animal welfare or animal protection is an asset
WHY WORK WITH THIS COMPANY?
* A state-of-the-art facility
* An opportunity to build your skills in a busy environment
* You can make a difference in a local non-profit
* Competitive compensation package
Send a resume (quoting job number 19988) to DAN LABELLE, Senior Recruitment Consultant, at [email protected] or call 204.926.3514
Does your current job harness your full potential? As a leading recruitment firm in Manitoba, with 25 industry specialized recruiters, Pinnacle can help. Think of Pinnacle as a personal shopper for your career: First, we get to know you – your skills, experience, career goals, and desired work culture. Next, we pick the best career opportunities from an exclusive list, many of which you will never see advertised.
Finally, once you (and our clients) have found a perfect fit, Pinnacle helps you with the details to ensure a smooth transition. Best of all, we offer this service at no cost to you. When you’re prepared to take the next step in your career, Pinnacle will be ready.
Share this Post