COST ANALYST (Winnipeg, Manitoba)
Do you excel at cost analysis and are looking for a new challenge in your accounting career? Here is your opportunity to directly support the operational efficiency of a leading Canadian manufacturer. In the role of Cost Analyst, you will assist with cost accounting and analysis that improves operational efficiency and decision-making.
If you have strong knowledge of cost accounting in a manufacturing environment and excellent Excel skills, we want to hear from you.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
* Assist with cost accounting
– Prepare journal entries and month end reconciliations
– Assist with building costing templates for new products
* Assist Cost Accountant with analysis and reporting to related to cost accounting
– Prepare monthly reports for management on job costing and gross margins
– Prepare and present key performance indicator (KPI) metrics detailing operational trends and insights
* Collaborate with other teams to develop and implement process improvements to reduce job costs and improve the flow of job costing data
– Build and update product costing estimate models in Excel, sourcing data from various systems
* Assist in other areas, including budgeting and updating data queries from ERP systems
* Assist with the migration away from manual process and toward more adaptive ERP system
* 2 to 5 years of cost accounting experience in a manufacturing environment
* CPA designation (or in progress) would be an asset
* Excellent technical skills in Microsoft Excel and other Office applications
* Working knowledge of ERP and accounting systems
* SAP experience would be an asset
* Excellent communication and analysis skills
* Demonstrated ability to learn, be flexible, and be reliable
* Energetic and team-focused work ethic
* Proven attention to detail
WHY WORK WITH THIS COMPANY?
* Play a key role in the growth of this global, industry-leading manufacturer
* Opportunity for strong mentorship and coaching from a seasoned accounting professional
* Positive and team-focused work culture
* Company supports innovation and new technology
Please send a resume (Word format preferred) quoting job 17948 to COURTNEY CZEZOWSKI, Senior Recruitment Consultant, at [email protected] or phone 204.926.3519 for more information.
ABOUT ACCOUNTANTS NOW
Does your current job harness your full potential? Think of Accountants Now as a personal shopper for your accounting and finance career: First, we get to know you – your skills, experience, career goals, and desired work culture. Next, we connect you with top finance & accounting job opportunities with top Manitoba companies.
Finally, once you have found a perfect fit, Accountants Now helps ensure a smooth transition. When you are prepared to take the next step in your career, Accountants Now will be ready to help.
Share this Post