CORPORATE PARALEGAL (Winnipeg, Manitoba)
Do you pay attention to the small details that make the biggest difference for your company? Here is a great opportunity for an experienced paralegal who knows how to work smart and fast. Work for a well-established Manitoba law firm that truly cares about the people and community they serve.
The Corporate Paralegal will be responsible for preparing legal documents, arranging government filings, and maintaining records minute books. You will generally support the lawyers in delivering the highest quality client services. If you are self-motivated and resourceful, we would love to hear from you!
WHAT YOU WILL DO
* Draft and revise corporate documents
* Organize and update minute books following various transactions
* Review minute books, identify and correct deficiencies, scan articles and by-laws from minute books and enter information into the database
* Prepare and revise documentation for the declaration of dividends and bonuses
* Arrange for required government filings (e.g. articles, notices of change, annual returns, business name registrations)
* Complete other tasks:
– Open, close, and organize files
– Support lawyers with client communications and customer service and prepare client billings
– Maintain up-to-date knowledge of relevant processes, procedures, and legislation
WHAT YOU MUST HAVE
* 4 to 7+ years of corporate paralegal experience, leadership experience would be an asset
* Paralegal or Legal Assistant certificate or diploma and a strong grasp of Canadian corporate law
* Ability to take direction and adapt well to changing priorities
* Proven teamwork skills
* Ability to thrive and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
* Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office and document management applications
* Proven communication skills and experience drafting legal documents
* Ability to maintain positive working relationship with lawyers and clients
WHY WORK WITH THIS COMPANY?
* One of Manitoba’s most established law firms, offering a positive work environment
* Opportunity to work independently and advance with the company as it evolves over the next five years
* Strong benefits, paid professional development, and 3 weeks of vacation to start
Please send a resume (quoting job number 17178) to COURTNEY CZEZOWSKI, Senior Recruitment Consultant, at [email protected] or call 204.926.3519 for more information.
Does your current job harness your full potential? As a leading recruitment firm in Manitoba, with 25 industry specialized recruiters, Pinnacle can help. Think of Pinnacle as a personal shopper for your career: First, we get to know you – your skills, experience, career goals, and desired work culture. Next, we present the best-matched career opportunities for you. Finally, once you have found a perfect fit, Pinnacle helps you with the details to ensure a smooth transition. When you’re prepared to take the next step in your career, Pinnacle will be ready to help.
Share this Post