CONTROLLER (Winnipeg, Manitoba)
Are you an energetic accounting professional with an exceptional work ethic? Do you want the work culture of a small company within a national brand?
Our client is a highly regarded wealth management firm with a branch in Winnipeg. With billions of dollars worth of assets under management and aggressive growth targets, now is an exciting time to join the company.
As the Controller, you will oversee all accounting operations, develop and maintain accounting policies, and manage financial reporting.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
* Review, implement, and maintain internal control systems
* Prepare consolidated and unconsolidated financial statements
* Manage day-to-day accounting functions: payroll, accounts payable, month-end closing procedures, etc.
* Develop new accounting processes and systems in preparation for company growth
* Coordinate with auditors
* Train and hire accounting staff
* 3+ years in a full-cycle accounting role
* Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) certification is required
* Thorough understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards
* Public practice experience is preferred
* Proven skills with advanced Excel techniques
* Experience with external auditors
* Capable of managing multiple competing priorities
* Strong written and oral communication skills
Send a resume (quoting job number 18581) to COURTNEY CZEZKOWSKI, Senior Recruitment Consultant at [email protected] or call 204.926.3519
WHY WORK FOR THIS COMPANY?
* Well-reviewed, industry-leading company
* Direct access to executives
* Many opportunities for career growth
ABOUT ACCOUNTANTS NOW
Does your current job harness your full potential? Think of Accountants Now as a personal shopper for your accounting and finance career: First, we get to know you—your skills, experience, career goals, and desired work culture. Next, we connect you with top finance & accounting job opportunities with top Manitoba companies.
Finally, once you have found a perfect fit, Accountants Now helps ensure a smooth transition. When you are prepared to take the next step in your career, Accountants Now will be ready to help.
Share this Post