CONTROLLER (Winnipeg, Manitoba)
Are you an energetic accounting professional who is constantly seeking better ways of doing things? Do you enjoy planning business strategies?
Our client is a leading supplier of business solutions in Manitoba and is replacing their retiring Controller, who is willing to train the new hire. They seek someone who fosters a positive atmosphere in the workplace and is happy to go the extra mile.
As the Controller, you will oversee day-to-day accounting functions and provide project leadership. In addition, you will find ways to make departments more efficient and provide valuable financial analysis and forecasting to management to inform their strategic planning.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
* Guide financial decisions by applying company policies and procedures to current business circumstances
* Help develop and implement both short and long-term operational strategies
* Monitor A/R activity; investigate and reconcile discrepancies on customer accounts
* Make bank deposits twice per month
* Review and analyze job costing reports and monthly financial statements
* Monitor the line of credit, insurance, cash balances, and mortgages
* Prepare annual budget in collaboration with management
* Produce year-end financial statements
* 5+ years in a Controller role
* Knowledge of intercompany transfers
* QuickBooks Online experience is an asset
* Post-secondary education in accounting is an asset
* CPA is an asset
Send a resume (quoting job number 18463) to COURTNEY CZEZKOWSKI, Senior Recruitment Consultant at [email protected] or call 204.926.3519
WHY WORK FOR THIS COMPANY?
* The company is the largest supplier of its kind in Manitoba and has clients across North America
* New office building with modern features, including an employee gym
* Many opportunities for project ownership
ABOUT ACCOUNTANTS NOW
Does your current job harness your full potential? Think of Accountants Now as a personal shopper for your accounting and finance career: First, we get to know you — your skills, experience, career goals, and desired work culture. Next, we connect you with top finance & accounting job opportunities with top Manitoba companies.
Finally, once you have found a perfect fit, Accountants Now helps ensure a smooth transition. When you are prepared to take the next step in your career, Accountants Now will be ready to help.
Share this Post