CONTROLLER (Winnipeg, Manitoba)
Are you a proactive individual with a positive attitude who is looking to apply your leadership skills in a dynamic environment? This established insurance company is looking for a process-driven Controller to join their team.
In this role, you will lead accounting and office management functions, ensuring all reporting is completed accurately and on time. If you have a track record of being adaptable and are ready for a new challenge, we want to hear from you.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
* Complete accounting tasks (50% of the role):
– Process bill payments
– Reconcile bank accounts daily
– Set up new clients in accounting system and serve as administrator of the software
– Prepare monthly in-house statements and year-end statements
– Complete tax calculations
– Serve as primary liaison to external accounting firm
– Prepare reporting for management
* Complete office management tasks (50% of the role):
– Manage onboarding for all new employees and support human resource functions
– Process payroll and administer benefits plan
– Manage vacation requests
* Administer and manage contracts
* Plan and organize annual seminar for brokers
* 3 to 5 years of experience in a Controller role
* Experience in the insurance sector would be an asset
* Proven leadership skills and ability to manage people
* Proficient computer skills, especially Microsoft Excel
* Experience with administration of customer relationship management software
* Adaptability and ability to roll with the punches
* Ability to balance multiple priorities and deadlines
WHY WORK WITH THIS COMPANY?
* Friendly and supportive work environment in a stable industry
* Flexibility to work remotely and in the office, as desired
* Management offers a good balance of autonomy and mentorship
* Strong salary and benefits
Please send a resume (Word format preferred) quoting job 17645 to COURTNEY CZEZOWSKI, Senior Recruitment Consultant, at [email protected] or phone 204.926.3519 for more information.
ABOUT ACCOUNTANTS NOW
Does your current job harness your full potential? Think of Accountants Now as a personal shopper for your accounting and finance career: First, we get to know you – your skills, experience, career goals, and desired work culture. Next, we connect you with top finance & accounting job opportunities with top Manitoba companies.
Finally, once you have found a perfect fit, Accountants Now helps ensure a smooth transition. When you are prepared to take the next step in your career, Accountants Now will be ready to help.
Share this Post