COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR (Winnipeg, Manitoba)
Are you looking for an opportunity to engage with and make a difference in the lives of Manitoba workers? One of Canada’s largest private-sector unions is looking for a creative and proactive Communications Coordinator to tell the stories (both internal and public) of how the organization is positively impacting lives.
This role requires a strategic, big-picture thinker who is passionate about solving problems through effective communication. If your background includes content development and media relations, ideally in a union environment, we want to hear from you.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
* Write press releases and manage media relations
* Develop strategy for addressing union issues in the public and in the media and for reputation management
* Prepare internal communications to union members – empower members to know their rights and what resources are available to them
* Prepare and manage content for social media and the website
* Develop content to celebrate and communicate the “wins” of the union – Know your audience and tailor messages appropriately
* Contribute to content and layout of organization publications
* Work with third-party marketing companies to outsource projects and tasks as necessary
* 4+ years of experience developing communications strategies from start to finish, including evaluation
* Experience managing web and social media content
* Experience writing press releases and conducting media relations
* Strong public speaking skills, with the potential to become the organizational spokesperson in the future
* Proven experience with crisis management and ability to offer solutions, not problems
* Proactive and creative work style; proven ability to work independently
* Support for union and labour principles and goals
WHY WORK WITH THIS COMPANY
* Engage with and advocate for members of one of Canada’s largest private-sector unions
* Opportunity to make the job your own and design your own path
* Excellent compensation and benefits
Please send a resume (QUOTING JOB NUMBER 17353) to MAURICE CADIEUX, Senior Recruitment Consultant, at [email protected] or phone 204.926.3508 for more information.
Does your current job harness your full potential? As a leading recruitment firm in Manitoba, with 25 industry specialized recruiters, Pinnacle can help. Think of Pinnacle as a personal shopper for your career: First, we get to know you – your skills, experience, career goals, and desired work culture. Next, we present you with the best -matched career opportunities.
Finally, once you have found a perfect fit, Pinnacle helps ensure a smooth transition. When you’re prepared to take the next step in your career, Pinnacle will be ready to help.
Share this Post