CHEMICAL WAREHOUSE SUPERVISOR (Portage la Prairie, Manitoba)
Are you looking to join a leader in natural and organic food products? Here is an excellent opportunity to join Roquette Canada in Portage la Prairie, Manitoba as the Chemical Warehouse Supervisor. In this position, you will be responsible for safely receiving and storing chemical products and materials.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
* Receiving and unloading vendor supplies from trucks
* Participate in inventory validation and audit as well as quality control activities and relevant updates to the WMS
* Operating all material handling and packaging equipment safely and efficiently
* Monitoring and controlling usage of various process chemicals (e.g. hydrochloric acid, peracetic acid, caustic) and understanding chemical usage rates and requirements for safe handling and storage/use
* Conducting routine checks of warehouse and loading areas following HSE, security, and quality requirements
* Completing incident reporting procedures on HSE environmental spill reporting, and containment procedures
* Collaborating with maintenance, operations, and contractors to complete equipment repairs and modifications or CIP/hygiene processes/duties
* Maintaining a clean work environment and reporting any deviation or issues
* Assisting with the inventory of spare parts in the warehouse as required
* Minimum 5 years’ experience in warehouse logistics, distribution, or freight forwarding
* Previous experience using SAP WMS/ERP programs, etc.
* Strong computer skills, ability to use Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word)
* Excellent communication skills: ability to communicate within and across all departments
* Experience in food/feed processing, cold storage, and or beverage distribution/inventory control is an asset
* Previous chemical processing experience in a manufacturing environment is an asset
* Post-secondary education related to distribution, logistics, warehousing, food processing, chemical manufacturing, etc is an asset
Please email your resume (quoting job number 17290) to Bevin Lylyk at [email protected]
Does your current job harness your full potential? As a leading recruitment firm in Manitoba, with 25 industry specialized recruiters, Pinnacle can help. Think of Pinnacle as a personal shopper for your career: First, we get to know you – your skills, experience, career goals, and desired work culture. Next, we pick the best career opportunities from an exclusive list, many of which you will never see advertised. Finally, once you (and our clients) have found a perfect fit, Pinnacle helps you with the details to ensure a smooth transition. Best of all, we offer this service at no cost to you. When you’re prepared to take the next step in your career, Pinnacle will be ready.
Share this Post