ASSISTANT BUYER & EXPEDITOR (Winnipeg, Manitoba)
Are you looking for an opportunity where – under direct mentorship – you will help design processes and systems on the ground floor of a new project? Do you want to build your skills in a growing business that always invests in itself?
As the Assistant Buyer & Expeditor, you will work directly with the department manager to help maintain the flow of materials into the manufacturing environment.
Our client is an expanding local manufacturer that has invested in a new and larger facility to meet the demands of its expanding business; it has experienced growth rates between 10 and 20 percent in recent years. If you want a company that will grow alongside your professional skills, connect with Dan or apply below today.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
* Facilitate the acquisition and flow of purchased materials for manufacturing
* Regularly interact with suppliers to expedite current and outstanding purchase orders to maintain adequate lead times
* Verify receipt of materials, analyze incoming shipments and packing slips to validate accuracy, or follow up with suppliers on errors or shortages
* Collect, analyze, and summarize data to identify trends within the supply chain, including purchasing, inventory, shipping, and receiving
* Follow up on vendor credits, back orders, substitutions, chargebacks, shipping charges, damaged goods, or invoice discrepancies
* Support the coordination of quarterly inventory counts and settle any variances
QUALITIES THAT OUR CLIENT WOULD CONSIDER:
* 1+ years combined experience in purchasing, inventory, or material handling – preferably in the manufacturing sector
* Proven experience overseeing the flow of raw materials into production
* Working knowledge of inventory cycle counts
* Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Work, and Outlook) and ERP systems
* Lean manufacturing training or experience supporting lean initiatives
* Strong analytical and communication skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities
WHY WORK WITH THIS COMPANY?
* The company launched a new employee-development program
* A go-to manufacturer in its industry
* A fast-paced environment where each order is unique
Send a resume (quoting job number 19851) to DAN LABELLE, Senior Recruitment Consultant, at [email protected] or call 204.926.3514
Does your current job harness your full potential? As a leading recruitment firm in Manitoba, with 25 industry-specialized recruiters, Pinnacle can help. Think of Pinnacle as a personal shopper for your career: first, we get to know you — your skills, experience, career goals, and desired work culture. Next, we present career opportunities that are best suited to you.
Finally, once you (and the companies we work with) have found a perfect fit, Pinnacle helps you with the details to ensure a smooth transition. When you are prepared to take the next step in your career, Pinnacle will be ready to help.
Share this Post