ANIMAL PROTECTION OFFICER (APO) (Winnipeg, Manitoba)
Are you a compassionate person who wants to work for a non-profit organization with an outstanding record of making measurable improvements to animal welfare in our province? Do you want to strive to bring animal justice and well-being into the community with you every day?
As the Animal Protection Officer, you will investigate suspected cruelty on both companion and commercial animals in Winnipeg.
Pinnacle is proud to announce that they have partnered with the Winnipeg Humane Society on multiple veterinary opportunities. The WHS was founded in 1894 and has always been committed to alleviating suffering in the local community. Today, they are one of Canada’s most successful and proactive adoption centers. If you want to gain experience in a busy non-profit environment where you can make a difference, connect with Dan or apply below today.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
* Respond, investigate, and conduct inspections for a wide range of animal-welfare-related emergencies
* Enforce and comply with the Manitoba Animal Care Act
* Collaborate with emergency responders, health workers, law enforcement, and animal services
* Transport, pickup, and deliver stray (or owned) animals, animal supplies, and donations
* Provide testimony at court proceedings when necessary
* Educate people on animal health and welfare
* Report on and document investigations, inspections, and daily time on duty
QUALITIES THAT OUR CLIENT WOULD CONSIDER:
* Post-secondary education in Veterinary Medicine (or veterinary technology), Animal Services, Law Enforcement, or Security
* Animal Protection Officer status or willingness to obtain APO is essential
* Understanding of the Animal Care Act of Manitoba and its regulations
* Ability to handle emergencies involving animals and people using critical thinking and de-escalation techniques
* Physically capable of lifting 50+ lbs.
WHY WORK WITH THIS COMPANY?
* A state-of-the-art facility
* An opportunity to build your skills in a busy environment
* You can make a difference in a local non-profit
* Competitive compensation package
Send a resume (quoting job number 19989) to DAN LABELLE, Senior Recruitment Consultant, at [email protected] or call 204.926.3514
Does your current job harness your full potential? As a leading recruitment firm in Manitoba, with 25 industry specialized recruiters, Pinnacle can help. Think of Pinnacle as a personal shopper for your career: First, we get to know you – your skills, experience, career goals, and desired work culture. Next, we pick the best career opportunities from an exclusive list, many of which you will never see advertised.
Finally, once you (and our clients) have found a perfect fit, Pinnacle helps you with the details to ensure a smooth transition. Best of all, we offer this service at no cost to you. When you’re prepared to take the next step in your career, Pinnacle will be ready.
Share this Post