2ND CLASS POWER ENGINEER (Portage la Prairie, Manitoba)
Here is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to make your mark on a brand-new greenfield facility in a cutting-edge, rapidly growing industry. This global food producer is set to have its plant operational by summer 2021 and requires a safety and efficiency-minded 2nd Class Power Engineer.
This company offers relocation assistance and an energetic team environment, filled with people who have moved from all over Canada and built a great community. If you have a valid Class 2 Power Engineer ticket and at least five years of experience in an industrial manufacturing environment, this could be your next role.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
* Manage and monitor the operation, repair, and maintenance of the following plant systems: steam, refrigeration, compressed air, plant water, domestic water, fire suppression, and natural gas
* Ensure safe and efficient operation of all plant systems and equipment
* Assist with the isolation of equipment for service and repair
* Assist in the development of energy control procedures and safe work practices
* Participate in safety meetings and training, and share information with co-workers
* Ensure compliance with company and industry regulations (e.g., safety procedures, government regulations, HACCP procedures related to food grade water and refrigerated fluid)
* Maintain accurate logbook of activities; analyze data, and take corrective actions
* Maintain accurate inventories for all utilities (e.g., chemicals, reagents, and testing equipment)
* Participate in continuous improvement programs
* Valid Class 2 Power Engineer license
* 5 to 7 years of experience in an industrial manufacturing environment
* Experience operating large utilities facilities (e.g., refrigeration systems with glycol as the secondary refrigerant)
* Maintenance experience and proven ability to analyze and troubleshoot technical issues and come up with effective solutions
* Experience using written logbooks and a plant computer system (CMMS/SAP)
* Ability to read and interpret manuals, material data sheets, and engineering drawings
* Ability to cover a variety of shifts as needed (for illness and vacation leaves)
* Ability to perform physical aspects of equipment maintenance and inspection and to follow all safety precautions
WHY WORK WITH THIS COMPANY?
* A $600M plant – the largest facility of its size in the world
* Modern technology and equipment
* Competitive salary and benefits
Send a resume (quoting job number 17767) to RHAE REDEKOP, Executive Recruitment Consultant, at [email protected] or phone 204.926.3502 for more information.
Does your current job harness your full potential? As a leading recruitment firm in Manitoba, with 25 industry specialized recruiters, Pinnacle can help. Think of Pinnacle as a personal shopper for your career: First, we get to know you – your skills, experience, career goals, and desired work culture. Next, we present career opportunities best suited to you.
Finally, once you have found a perfect fit, Pinnacle helps you with the details to ensure a smooth transition. When you’re prepared to take the next step in your career, Pinnacle will be ready to help.
Share this Post