Chief Operating Officer (COO)
Thompson Dorfman Sweatman LLP (TDS), one of Canada’s preeminent law firms, is seeking to hire a Chief Operating Officer (COO) to manage all operational functions of the firm. Headquartered in Winnipeg at True North Square, TDS is deeply entrenched in the Manitoba community, with over 90 lawyers practicing from 13 offices across Manitoba.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in financial analysis and strategic business planning and have a solid foundation in information technology management. Beyond the technical functions of the role, TDS is looking for a person whose personal core values align with those of their business – someone for whom integrity, ethical decision making, and collaborative leadership are essential.
If playing a key strategic role in the next chapter of TDS’s growth is an exciting prospect, please contact Pinnacle today.
Why work with TDS
What you will do
- Oversee senior managers for five operational teams: accounting & finance, information technology, marketing & business development, human resources, and office administration
- Oversee all aspects of financial management — with emphasis on financial planning and analysis — including monthly performance reporting, budgeting, internal auditing, and expenditure management
- Advise the management committee on strategic planning, risk management, and policy development objective
- Steer the strategic direction of the company’s IT infrastructure
- Oversee administration of payroll and benefits
- Oversee business development initiatives and marketing strategies
- Direct human resources activities and related policy development
- Support facilities management, including leaseholds and maintenance of premises and equipment
- 7+ years of senior-level management experience (professional services environment an asset)
- Proven financial management, reporting, and analysis expertise
- Post-secondary degree in finance, business, or a related field (CPA and/or MBA preferred)
- High comfort level with information technology management
- Experience in policy development
- Background in and/or knowledge of legal services an asset
- Superior written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience managing high performing professionals
Share this Posting