Chief Operating Officer (COO)
Taylor McCaffrey LLP, one of Manitoba’s leading law firms, is seeking to hire a Chief Operating Officer (COO) to manage all operational functions of the firm. Headquartered in Winnipeg, the firm is deeply committed to the Manitoba community, with over 60 lawyers practicing in numerous specialty areas.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in financial analysis and strategic business planning and have a solid foundation in information technology management. Beyond the technical functions of the role, this company is looking for a person whose personal core values align with those of their business – someone for whom integrity, ethical decision making, and collaborative leadership are essential.
Qualifications and Experience
- 7+ years of C-suite level management experience (professional services environment an asset)
- Proven financial management, reporting, and analysis expertise
- Post-secondary degree in finance, business, or a related field (CPA and/or MBA preferred)
- Experience managing high performing professionals
- High comfort level with information technology management
- Experience in policy development
- Background in and/or knowledge of legal services an asset
- Superior written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- High degree of ethics and integrity
- Collaborative leadership style and a commitment to mentorship of employees
- Ability to foster buy-in and consensus from employees
- Demonstrated community engagement
Share this Posting
About Taylor McCaffrey LLP
Taylor McCaffrey LLP is a Manitoba-based law firm, formed by the merger of firms led by Reeh Taylor and D’Arcy McCaffrey, two professionals committed to delivering insightful and ethical legal services to their community.
Taylor McCaffrey LLP is rooted firmly in a culture of collaboration and dedication to the community. Their lawyers are consistently recognized as leaders in their field and as assets to the community they serve.
Taylor McCaffrey LLP is a proud member of SCG Legal, a global network of leading law firms whose members are annually vetted using the metrics of excellence in legal service and local market knowledge. This membership enables Taylor McCaffrey to maintain a local focus but with a national and international presence. The firm is also a member of the Employment Law Alliance (ELA), a global partner for HR legal solutions.
The Chief Operating Officer will have the opportunity to shape the future direction of Taylor McCaffrey, as they support all aspects of the company’s operations, delivered by over 60 lawyers (including 35 partners), articling students, and over 90 support and administrative staff.