Chief Executive Officer
In collaboration with our client, The Winnipeg Humane Society (WHS), we are pleased to lead the search for their next Chief Executive Officer. The WHS is seeking a professional with the experience and vision to deepen their well-established community roots and to drive further growth of the high-profile non-profit.
The Winnipeg Humane Society is Manitoba’s longest standing animal shelter and welfare organization. Their mission is to protect animals from suffering and to promote their welfare and dignity. WHS’ vision is to have all animals be treated humanely. As the Chief Executive Officer, you will lead employees and collaborate with the board of directors to promote the organization’s brand along with their mission and vision.
If you are community driven and passionate about animal welfare – with a background in not-for-profit business management at the executive level – this may be your dream opportunity!
Why work for the Winnipeg Humane Society?
What you will do
- Lead the development of a long-term strategic plan, including annual operating plans and budgets
- Continue the development of innovative and progressive policies and programs that serve the following goals: improve organizational performance related to animal care, assist the community and contribute to animal welfare advocacy, increase organizational fundraising and financial stability
- Continuously research progressive animal welfare and shelter management practices and propose new policies and procedures to the board of directors
- Provide engagement, mentorship, and development opportunities to staff, and empower management to disseminate learning through their teams
- Serve as lead spokesperson for the WHS – represent and promote the brand on social media, in the media, and at community events
- Maintain collaborative relationships with key stakeholders and community groups to sustain volunteer and fundraising levels; spearhead sponsorship and fundraising campaigns to grow and diversify the donor base
- Support the organizational goals of committees: enhance programs, increase membership and retention, and increase revenue opportunities
- Provide regular reports on the organization’s progress and key performance metrics through dashboards or other reporting methods, as approved by the board of directors
- 5+ years of executive management experience in the role of Executive Director or CEO for a not-for-profit organization
- Post-secondary degree in business management, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proven experience managing a successful not-for-profit organization with an annual operating budget of $4+ million
- Experience promoting animal advocacy and/or animal welfare
- Track record of leadership success, mentorship, and team development
- Proven ability to lead a board-run organization and collaborate effectively with board members
- Extensive local community and media relationships
- Proven ability to lead fundraising initiatives, write effective grant proposals, and lobby to elected officials
- Demonstrated communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
Share this Posting