SENIOR HVAC DESIGN ENGINEER (Winnipeg, Manitoba)
Are you looking for a cross-functional design role that will allow you to take your skills and experience to the next level? This rapidly growing Manitoba company is looking for an experienced design engineer to join and lead their team.
As Senior HVAC Design Engineer, you will champion the design and development of new commercial HVAC products, as well as provide manufacturing support and improvement for existing products. The successful candidate for this role will have extensive experience with HVAC systems design, with a focus on manufacturability and efficiency.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
* Manage design, optimization, and testing of HVAC equipment like air handling units (AHU), rooftop units (RTU), energy recovery ventilators (ERV), employing advanced analytical methods and experimental techniques
* Lead new product development (NPD) programs and cost reduction initiatives
* Manage maintenance and updates for purchased part engineering drawings, standards, and specifications
* Support manufacturing, sales & marketing, quality and supply chain teams
* Liaise with vendors, customers, and field staff
* Generate technical specifications, summary reports, and standard work instructions
* Review mechanical specifications, engineering drawings, and bills of material
* Train and mentor engineering team
* Post-secondary degree in mechanical or electrical engineering
* 10 to 15 years of experience designing commercial HVAC equipment
* Strong knowledge of refrigeration and air conditioning systems and their components (e.g. compressors, coils, etc.)
* Knowledge of Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA) and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance processes (GD&T)
* Proficiency in 2D and 3D CAD software, preferably Creo (Pro/ENGINEER)
* Experience with NPD processes, including design for 6 Sigma, manufacturability, serviceability, and reliability
* Proven skills in program, schedule, and cost management
* Exceptional communication and leadership attributes
* A track record of taking ownership and accountability over tasks
* Ability to travel within Canada and the U.S. (20 to 30% of the role)
WHY WORK WITH THIS COMPANY
* Fast-paced and team-oriented work culture
* Growing entrepreneurial company that benefits from the resources of a large parent corporation
* Strong compensation and benefits
* Excellent growth opportunities
Please send a resume (QUOTING JOB NUMBER 16682) to RHAE REDEKOP, Executive Recruitment Consultant, at [email protected] or phone 204.926.3502 for more information.
Does your current job harness your full potential? As a leading recruitment firm in Manitoba, with 25 industry specialized recruiters, Pinnacle can help. Think of Pinnacle as a personal shopper for your career: First, we get to know you – your skills, experience, career goals, and desired work culture. Next, we present you with the best -matched career opportunities. Finally, once you have found a perfect fit, Pinnacle helps ensure a smooth transition. When you’re prepared to take the next step in your career, Pinnacle will be ready to help.
Share this Post