ENGINEERING SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Winnipeg, Manitoba)
Are you looking for a position with a unique mix of engineering and IT? This opportunity would enable you to explore both career paths. Engineering Support Specialist is a new role within an existing group that interfaces with teams across the company’s engineering and manufacturing operations.
In this role, you will ensure that accurate and quality information is collected and processed through the company’s enterprise resource planning (ERP) system, as engineering drawings are converted into bills of material. As needed, you will also work on reports – both routine and ad hoc.
The ideal candidate for this position will have IT knowledge – including some programming experience – as well as an interest in solving engineering problems. As Engineering Support Specialist, you will have the opportunity to understand how each engineering request is placed and transformed from idea to physical product. Clear communication skills and a commitment to customer service are essential qualities for this role.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
* Validate engineering designs and work orders
* Resolve issues related to system capabilities
* Contribute to cross-functional continuous improvement teams
* Create reports, as requested, using Crystal Reports
* 2+ years of experience in customer support, technical support, or a similar position
* 1+ year(s) of experience with C# and .Net Framework 4.0 (or newer)
* Experience with SQL or Crystal Reports, with the ability to write queries
* Demonstrated experience manage multiple requests and projects simultaneously
* Excellent communication skills with both technical and non- technical team members
* Post-secondary degree or diploma in computer science, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, or a similar discipline
* Experience with engineering drawings and manufacturing processes would be an asset
WHY WORK WITH THIS COMPANY?
* Work with a positive team that enjoys delivering together
* Company invests heavily in IT to drive better business decisions
* Work on a variety of projects
* Competitive salary and benefits
Please send a resume (quoting job number 16117) to IAN MCLEOD, Senior IT Recruitment Consultant, at [email protected] or phone 204.926.2243 for more information.
Does your current job harness your full potential? As a leading recruitment firm in Manitoba, with 25 industry specialized recruiters, Pinnacle can help. Think of Pinnacle as a personal shopper for your career: First, we get to know you – your skills, experience, career goals, and desired work culture. Next, we pick the best career opportunities from an exclusive list, many of which you will never see advertised. Finally, once you (and our clients) have found a perfect fit, Pinnacle helps you with the details to ensure a smooth transition. Best of all, we offer this service at no cost to you. When you’re prepared to take the next step in your career, Pinnacle will be ready.
Share this Post