PURCHASER (Winnipeg, Manitoba)
Are you a logical, organized, and confident negotiator? If you’re skilled at establishing and maintaining relationships with key vendors, this opportunity is for you.
As Purchaser, you will maintain responsibility for sourcing materials, driving cost reduction initiatives, and leading negotiations. This role presents the opportunity to demonstrate your strong purchasing experience and knowledge of the manufacturing industry.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
* Issue purchase orders for production and maintenance materials, packaging, office supplies, and contract services
* Prepare required documentation for requests for quotes (RFQ's) and requests for proposals (RFP’s)
* Work with supply base to negotiate and secure optimal pricing on materials
* Source new suppliers as necessary and lead new supplier qualification process
* Manage and track lead times on requisitioned materials; report on back ordered items
* Review and establish departmental policies and procedures to ensure consistency
* Lead continuous improvement initiatives to create efficiencies and reduce costs within the purchasing department
* 5+ years of progressive purchasing experience, ideally within the manufacturing sector
* Post-secondary education in purchasing (PMAC) or supply chain (SCMP) would be considered an asset
* Track record of leading cost saving initiatives
* Proven ability to negotiate optimal pricing through effective communication and relationship building
* Ability to demonstrate a high sense of urgency and workload organization
WHY WORK WITH THIS COMPANY?
* Foot in the door with a company undergoing major transformation
* Lots of tenured employees with a wealth of knowledge and experience
* Comprehensive compensation package, including pension
Please send a resume (quoting job number 15977) to DAN LABELLE, Senior Recruitment Consultant, at [email protected] or call 204.926.3514 for more information.
Does your current job harness your full potential? As a leading recruitment firm in Manitoba, with 25 industry specialized recruiters, Pinnacle can help. Think of Pinnacle as a personal shopper for your career: First, we get to know you – your skills, experience, career goals, and desired work culture. Next, we pick the best career opportunities from an exclusive list, many of which you will never see advertised. Finally, once you (and our clients) have found a perfect fit, Pinnacle helps you with the details to ensure a smooth transition. Best of all, we offer this service at no cost to you. When you’re prepared to take the next step in your career, Pinnacle will be ready.
Share this Post