PAYROLL & BENEFITS SPECIALIST (Winnipeg, Manitoba)
One of North America’s leading manufacturers is adding a Payroll & Benefits Specialist to its growing team. A key member of the Payroll Team, you will be responsible for the complete, accurate, and timely preparation and processing of payroll.
Reporting to the Payroll Supervisor, you will also prepare government remittances and cheque requisitions and contribute to year-end processing. The successful candidate for this role will have a driven work ethic and a demonstrated passion for learning
WHAT YOU WILL DO
* Process and reconcile weekly payroll for 1,000+ hourly and salaried employees across multiple locations in Canada and the USA
* Work with leaders in each department and location to ensure information is received timely and accurately
* Enter, update, and verify payroll transactions, ensuring payroll complies with ICFR regulations
* Ensure all garnishments, benefit payments, and deductions are processed accurately
* Coordinate paid benefit programs, such as work apparel and union leaves
* Reconcile and submit government remittances: complete period-end reporting, process T4s and W2s, calculate taxable benefits and ROE’s
* Assist in the administration and coordination of benefit programs
* Troubleshoot and resolve payroll questions and issues
* Administer time and attendance system, including training and continuous improvement
* 2+ years of full cycle payroll experience for 400 or more salaried and hourly employees, payroll experience in a unionized environment and/or in US currency is an asset
* Post-secondary education in payroll, including completion of or enrollment in the Payroll Compliance Practitioner program an asset
* Track record of strong attention to detail, accuracy, and to meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
* Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, including pivot tables
* Experience with payroll software
* Strong customer service and communication skills
* Proven analytical skills
* Ability to collaborate with people at all levels of an organization
WHY WORK WITH THIS COMPANY?
* Industry leading company across North America, with a strong presence in Manitoba
* Supportive team environment
* Progressive employer
* Competitive compensation and benefits
Please send a resume (Word format preferred) quoting job 15923 to COURTNEY CZEZOWSKI, Senior Recruitment Consultant, at [email protected] or phone 204.926.3519 for more information.
ABOUT ACCOUNTANTS NOW
Does your current job harness your full potential? Think of Accountants Now as a personal shopper for your accounting and finance career: First, we get to know you – your skills, experience, career goals, and desired work culture. Next, we connect you with top finance & accounting job opportunities with top Manitoba companies. Finally, once you have found a perfect fit, Accountants Now helps ensure a smooth transition. Best of all, we offer this service at no cost to you. When you’re prepared to take the next step in your career, Accountants Now will be ready.
Share this Post