PAYROLL ADVISOR (Winnipeg, Manitoba)
Do you have proven attention to detail and are looking for the next step in your payroll career? This top Manitoba company has an immediate opening for a Payroll Advisor. An essential member of the team, the Payroll Advisor will be responsible for ensuring 300+ employees get paid accurately and on time.
Reporting to the VP of Human Resources, this role requires an experienced payroll and benefits administrator who is well versed in compliance legislation and employee data reporting. If you have strong analytical and problem-solving skills, we want to hear from you.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
50% of the role - Process bi-weekly payroll for 300+ full and part-time employees
50% of the role - Administer benefits and pension plans
* Ensure payroll procedures comply with government regulations
* Troubleshoot payroll and accounts payable issues
* Maintain current, accurate, and complete employee files in human resource information systems (HRIS), including the payroll and performance management systems
* Gather and report on statistical information, including compensation and benefit summaries
* Conduct annual compensation surveys and studies to ensure market competitiveness
* Ensure accurate year-end activities that meet audit requirements
* Liaise with benefits providers to coordinate leaves of absence and disability cases
* Deliver compensation and benefits orientations for new employees
* 2+ years of payroll and benefits administration experience, including T4’s
* Strong experience working with HRIS or payroll systems; Payworks experience is an asset
* Strong software skills, including MS Excel
* Experience with employee data reporting
* Proven ability to handle confidential information in professional manner
* Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities in a fast-paced environment
* Results-oriented work ethic, with a high degree of attention to detail
* Demonstrated communication and customer service skills
* Payroll Compliance Practitioner certificate or enrollment in a Canadian Payroll Association program would be encouraged
WHY WORK WITH THIS COMPANY?
* Leader in the financial services industry in Manitoba
* Opportunities for professional growth
* Strong compensation and benefits, including matching pension
Please send a resume (Word format preferred) quoting job 15858 to COURTNEY CZEZOWSKI, Senior Recruitment Consultant, at [email protected] or phone 204.926.3519 for more information.
ABOUT ACCOUNTANTS NOW
Does your current job harness your full potential? Think of Accountants Now as a personal shopper for your accounting and finance career: First, we get to know you – your skills, experience, career goals, and desired work culture. Next, we connect you with top finance & accounting job opportunities with top Manitoba companies. Finally, once you have found a perfect fit, Accountants Now helps ensure a smooth transition. Best of all, we offer this service at no cost to you. When you’re prepared to take the next step in your career, Accountants Now will be ready.
Share this Post