MANAGER, SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT (Winnipeg, Manitoba)
Do you enjoy leading a team? Can you take on enterprise systems and make changes to ensure they are performing to the best possible standards? Then this could be the role to boost your career!
The Manager, Software Development will have input on the full software development lifecycle, from project architecture and technical design, through to deployment. Your focus will be on expanding the team’s technical capabilities, both in quality and quantity.
The technical environment is a predominantly Microsoft stack, with a mix of mobile and web projects. It must also be noted that the environment has stringent governance and risk and compliance controls, so innovation is required to develop software within the boundaries of information security. If you are known as a positive mentor who can enable your team to succeed, contact Pinnacle about this opportunity.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
* 50% - Technical work: Architect project, design software, review code, complete hands-on programming, as needed
* 30% - Team management: Train and mentor the team and ensure they are set up for success
* 10% - Deployments: Oversee around 10 releases per year
* 10% - Innovation: Improve the technology, team culture and ‘fun factor’ on all projects
* 10+ years of experience working with the SDLC, preferably using Microsoft technologies
* 7+ years of experience using a combination of C#, Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), ASP, Visual Basic (VB), or similar languages
* 5+ years of experience with SQL relational database management systems (RDMS), including skills in querying and scripting
* 3+ years of experience in a technical lead or manager role, responsible for the success of a team
* Proven ability to influence technical and non-technical employees on technical design and architecture
* Post-secondary education related to business, management, or information technology
WHY WORK WITH THIS COMPANY?
* Leader in the financial services industry
* Opportunities for professional development and advancement
* Competitive salary and benefits
Please send a resume (quoting job number 15846) to IAN MCLEOD, Senior IT Recruitment Consultant, at [email protected] or phone 204.926.2243 for more information.
Does your current job harness your full potential? As a leading recruitment firm in Manitoba, with 25 industry specialized recruiters, Pinnacle can help. Think of Pinnacle as a personal shopper for your career: First, we get to know you – your skills, experience, career goals, and desired work culture. Next, we pick the best career opportunities from an exclusive list, many of which you will never see advertised. Finally, once you (and our clients) have found a perfect fit, Pinnacle helps you with the details to ensure a smooth transition. Best of all, we offer this service at no cost to you. When you’re prepared to take the next step in your career, Pinnacle will be ready.
Share this Post