OPERATIONS MANAGER (Winnipeg, Manitoba)
Do you excel at seeing the big picture and balancing the interconnected processes of a full-scale manufacturing operation? This top North American company is looking for a confident leader to drive efficiency in its Winnipeg foundry/machine shop.
With a focus on quality throughput, you will oversee all aspects of the operation, including production planning and scheduling. As Operations Manager, you will benefit from the wealth of knowledge of seasoned employees. You will also have access to the vast resources of a large International company, while still functioning with a high level of independence.
Reporting to the VP/General Manager, the Operations Manager will have strong experience in a steel manufacturing or heavy industrial environment, including proven knowledge of ISO standards and quality systems.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
* Schedule and plan production
* Oversee capital expenditure projects (recent projects include migration to a paperless system and introduction of a vendor management system)
* Continuous work to achieve advanced levels of automation
* Increase and improve manufacturing throughput
* Research and implement the best tools and practices to achieve production goals
* Significant experience in a machine shop or heavy industrial environment
* 5+ years of experience in the steel industry or a related sector
* Strong leadership skills – proven ability to prioritize and delegate tasks
* Experience in production planning and scheduling
* Success building and improving quality systems and working with ISO standards
* An understanding of supply chain and purchasing would be an asset
WHY WORK WITH THIS COMPANY
* A large, established brand
* An excellent corporate culture that encourages professional growth
* Strong salary and benefits
Please send a resume (QUOTING JOB NUMBER 15793) to RHAE REDEKOP, Executive Recruitment Consultant, at [email protected] or phone 204.926.3502 for more information.
Does your current job harness your full potential? As a leading recruitment firm in Manitoba, with 25 industry specialized recruiters, Pinnacle can help. Think of Pinnacle as a personal shopper for your career: First, we get to know you – your skills, experience, career goals, and desired work culture. Next, we pick the best career opportunities from an exclusive list, many of which you will never see advertised. Finally, once you (and our clients) have found a perfect fit, Pinnacle helps you with all the details to ensure a smooth transition. Best of all, we offer this service at no cost to you. When you’re prepared to take the next step in your career, Pinnacle will be ready.
Share this Post