ACCOUNTING COORDINATOR (Winnipeg, Manitoba)
Are you a self-motivated professional looking to further develop your accounting skills? This is a newly created role to support departmental growth and future planning for one of Manitoba’s best-known non-profits. Reporting to the Manager of Accounting, the Accounting Coordinator will assist with a range of accounting and administrative duties. If you have a strong understanding of accounting principles and know your way around accounting software, this could be your next opportunity.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
* Complete monthly account reconciliations – 40 to 50% of the role
* Prepare and record journal entries (10 to 15% of the role)
* Assist with maintaining financial controls and monthly financial statements
* Assist with the audit preparation
* Set up and maintain general ledger account numbers; map additions and changes in membership management and accounting software
* Enter and update program information and payment types in membership management software
* Liaise with IT service provider on technical issues
* Assist with the planning and implementation of new software
* Provide backup for the accounts receivable and accounts payable desks
* Attend after-hours meetings and events (3 to 5 per year)
* Communicate effectively and professionally with staff and stakeholders
* 5+ years of financial accounting and reporting experience
* Enrollment in a senior stage of the CPA program
* Proven knowledge of accounting principles, standards, and regulations
* Strong computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Office and accounting applications
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a large volume of transactions
* Demonstrated high level of accountability, accuracy, and efficiency
WHY WORK WITH THIS COMPANY?
* A high-achieving and high-profile Manitoba non-profit organization
* Well organized and fiscally-sound brand
* Opportunities for professional development and growth
Please send a resume (Word format preferred) quoting job 15732 to COURTNEY CZEZOWSKI, Senior Recruitment Consultant, at [email protected] or phone 204.926.3519 for more information.
ABOUT ACCOUNTANTS NOW
Does your current job harness your full potential? Think of Accountants Now as a personal shopper for your accounting and finance career: First, we get to know you – your skills, experience, career goals, and desired work culture. Next, we connect you with top finance & accounting job opportunities with top Manitoba companies. Finally, once you have found a perfect fit, Accountants Now helps ensure a smooth transition. Best of all, we offer this service at no cost to you. When you’re prepared to take the next step in your career, Accountants Now will be ready.
Share this Post