OPERATIONS MANAGER (Winnipeg, Manitoba)
Do you have an eye for developing processes, including plant layouts and continuous improvements? Here is a multi-faceted role for someone focused on results and to achieving business objectives? If you have solid knowledge of plant operations and Lean manufacturing, this may be the opportunity for you!
In your new role as Operations Manager for this privately-owned Winnipeg manufacturer, you will lead day-to-day plant operations, ensuring that production, product quality, and health & safety processes are executed with excellence. Your vision for the bigger picture and ability to engage people will allow you to be the change agent that this position requires.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
* Lead, empower, and direct manufacturing personnel to meet and/or exceed production performance targets
* Oversee the implementation of new systems (related to estimating, production scheduling, inventory management, and quality assurance) to ensure efficient output that meets customer demand
* Implement and track production metrics and KPI’s, providing clear goals and feedback to all production personnel
* Integrate manufacturing improvement principals (e.g. 5s, Lean, Six Sigma, Kaizen, Value Stream Mapping)
* Manage material supplier relationships, including the procurement of raw materials and components
* Collaborate with ownership to develop business plans that include new equipment requirements, suppliers, and products
* Deliver weekly production and financial reports to management
* 10+ years of experience in a senior production or plant management role within the steel manufacturing or metal fabrication sector
* Proven knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and/or related process improvement programs
* Hands-on experience with plant reorganization and/or value stream mapping
* Excellent computer skills, including MS Excel and ERP software
* Track record of effective change management and problem-solving
* Ability to lead, train, and mentor a team
WHY WORK WITH THIS COMPANY?
* Management has decades of manufacturing expertise
* Company committed to customer satisfaction and state-of-the-art technology
* Competitive salary and benefits
Please send a resume (quoting job number 15705) to DAN LABELLE, Senior Recruitment Consultant, at [email protected] or call 204.926.3514 for more information.
Does your current job harness your full potential? As a leading recruitment firm in Manitoba, with 25 industry specialized recruiters, Pinnacle can help. Think of Pinnacle as a personal shopper for your career: First, we get to know you – your skills, experience, career goals, and desired work culture. Next, we pick the best career opportunities from an exclusive list, many of which you will never see advertised. Finally, once you (and our clients) have found a perfect fit, Pinnacle helps you with the details to ensure a smooth transition. Best of all, we offer this service at no cost to you. When you’re prepared to take the next step in your career, Pinnacle will be ready.
Share this Post