CAD TECHNICIAN (Steinbach, Manitoba)
Are you an experienced mechanical drafter looking for an opportunity to do more than just draft? Do you have a connection to or want to join the Steinbach-area community?
This leading manufacturer, recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, is looking for a detail and customer-focused CAD Technician. In this role, you will work with clients to develop custom solutions and see your designs come to life.
This role won’t involve a lot of handholding but, at the same time, no one will be looking over your shoulder – a motivated individual will have plenty of autonomy to dive into the job and make it your own. If you are a confident decision maker with real world experience and the integrity to match, we want to hear from you.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
* Develop and design custom solutions for clients, in collaboration with drafting and technical teams
* Produce quality CAD drawings of products, mechanical equipment, and components in SolidWorks
* Follow designs through to manufacturing and address any issues during and post-production
* Assist with maintaining complete library of customer drawings and related documentation
* Communicate regularly with engineers, contractors, and project managers to ensure designs and delivery meet customer requirements
* 5+ years of mechanical design and drafting experience
* Substantial experience in AutoCAD and SolidWorks or another 3D CAD software
* Post-secondary degree or diploma in mechanical engineering and/or drafting
* Customer-focused communication style
* Track record of having a creative and innovative approach to solving problems
* Experience in a manufacturing environment and/or a strong understanding about the practical application of designs
* Confidence in decision making and proven teamwork skills
* Demonstrated respect and integrity
* Ability to accurately use measuring tools and solid mathematical skills
WHY WORK WITH THIS COMPANY
* Family-owned business committed to customer service and continuous improvement
* Lots of autonomy in the role
* Comprehensive benefits plan, including RRSP and education subsidies
Please send a resume (QUOTING JOB NUMBER 15666) to RHAE REDEKOP, Executive Recruitment Consultant, at [email protected] or phone 204.926.3502 for more information.
Does your current job harness your full potential? As a leading recruitment firm in Manitoba, with 25 industry specialized recruiters, Pinnacle can help. Think of Pinnacle as a personal shopper for your career: First, we get to know you – your skills, experience, career goals, and desired work culture. Next, we pick the best career opportunities from an exclusive list, many of which you will never see advertised. Finally, once you (and our clients) have found a perfect fit, Pinnacle helps you with all the details to ensure a smooth transition. Best of all, we offer this service at no cost to you. When you’re prepared to take the next step in your career, Pinnacle will be ready.
Share this Post