Arborist Assistant (Winnipeg, MB)
Are you a self-motivated individual? Do you enjoy working the outdoors? As the Arborist Assistant, you will be responsible for assisting the arborist in all aspects of the operations including cutting away existing trees or shrubs to maintain right-of-way for roads, sidewalks, or utilities, or to improve appearance, health, and value of the trees. The successful candidate for this role with have previous knowledge on how to use hand and power tools and related equipment.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
* Assisting the arborist and cutting away dead and excess branches from trees, using handsaws, pruning hooks, sheers, and clippers
* Picking up the stumps and branches and putting them into the mulcher/chipper
* Executing all work in a safe manner
* Maintaining all equipment used in the performance of the work
* Other related duties as assigned
* Valid driver’s license; own vehicle an asset
* Own safety steel-toe work boots and gloves
* Physically fit to lift up to 50lbs
* Strong English communication skills; ability to understand and comprehend verbal instructions
* $16.00 per hour; day shifts (overtime as required)
Please send a resume (quoting job number 15660) to Paul Munroe at [email protected] You may also apply in person at the Industrial & Skilled Labour Division office located at 390 Graham Ave, on the corner of Edmonton Street and Graham Avenue, Monday to Friday between 8:00 AM and 4:00 PM.
Does your current job harness your full potential? As a leading recruitment firm in Manitoba, with 25 industry specialized recruiters, Pinnacle can help. Think of Pinnacle as a personal shopper for your career: First, we get to know you – your skills, experience, career goals, and desired work culture. Next, we pick the best career opportunities from an exclusive list, many of which you will never see advertised. Finally, once you (and our clients) have found a perfect fit, Pinnacle helps you with all of the details to ensure a smooth transition. Best of all, we offer this service at no cost to you. When you’re prepared to take the next step in your career, Pinnacle will be ready.
Share this Post