ENGINEERING SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Winnipeg, MB)
Are you looking for a position with a unique mix of engineering and IT? This new position offers a great chance for a person to explore both career paths. This is a new role within an existing group which interfaces with many different teams across our client’s engineering and manufacturing operations. You will be responsible for ensuring that accurate information is being collected, disseminated, and processed through the company’s enterprise resource planning (ERP) system as engineering drawings are converted into bills of material. When needed, you will also be working on reports – both routine and ad hoc – as well as quality-checking data.
Clear communication and commitment to customer service are also paramount as this team plays a part in almost all engineering activity. In short, the candidate should have an interest in IT and be open to programming, while also having an interest in engineering. This role provides a distinctive position to understand how each engineering request is placed and transformed from idea to physical product.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
* Validating engineering designs and work orders
* Resolve issues regarding system issues and system capabilities
* Assist with cross-functional continuous improvement teams
* Create reports as requested using Crystal Reports
* 2+ years of experience in customer support, technical support, or similar position
* Experience with SQL or Crystal Reports with the ability to write queries
* Experience with engineering drawings and manufacturing processes would be an asset
* Demonstrated experience with multi-tasking; this role will be working on multiple requests simultaneously
* Excellent communication skills with both technical and non-technical team members is a critical skill-set
* A degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or similar discipline
Please send a resume (quoting job number 15610) to: IAN MCLEOD, Senior IT Recruitment Consultant at [email protected] OR call 204.926.2243
WHY WORK WITH THIS COMPANY?
* Growing IT & engineering environments with a bright future
* Direct influence & interaction with key stake holders
* Ownership of requests
Does your current job harness your full potential? As a leading recruitment firm in Manitoba, with 25 industry specialized recruiters, Pinnacle can help. Think of Pinnacle as a personal shopper for your career: First, we get to know you – your skills, experience, career goals, and desired work culture. Next, we pick the best career opportunities from an exclusive list, many of which you will never see advertised. Finally, once you (and our clients) have found a perfect fit, Pinnacle helps you with the details to ensure a smooth transition. Best of all, we offer this service at no cost to you. When you’re prepared to take the next step in your career, Pinnacle will be ready.
Share this Post