INTERMEDIATE BUYER (Winnipeg, Manitoba)
Are you self-driven with the proven ability to manage a variety of relationships, including with management and suppliers? If you’re passionate about achieving departmental goals and can effectively forecast and plan materials purchasing, this could be your next career move.
As an Intermediate Buyer for this cutting-edge, global manufacturer, you will have the opportunity to demonstrate your extensive purchasing experience. If you have buying experience related to steel component manufacturing, contact Dan at Pinnacle today.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
* Generate purchase orders in the ERP system for manufacturing materials, including raw materials, maintenance parts, and safety supplies
* Forecast and plan lead times with vendors to meet sales demands and customer orders
* Prepare required documentation for requests for quotes (RFQ's) and requests for proposals (RFP’s)
* Develop and maintain relationships with key suppliers through regular communication (i.e. phone and email), qualifying vendors as needed
* Lead cost reduction initiatives through process improvement, strategic buying, and strategic supplier negotiations
* Prepare regular reporting for management: supplier statistics, cost analyses, purchase order approval, invoice corrections
* Post-secondary education in business or supply chain management
* SCMP designation (completed or in process) would be an asset
* 5+ years of progressive purchasing and/or buying experience, preferably with a commodity-based product in the industrial manufacturing sector
* Proven ability to manage high-volume and complex projects
* Track record of establishing and maintain solid relationships with key vendors, including negotiating terms
* Ability to work meet demanding deadlines with minimal supervision
* Passionate and driven work ethic
WHY WORK WITH THIS COMPANY?
* Well-regarded Canadian company focused on innovation and development
* Small business environment supported by a large, rapidly growing company
* Competitive salary and benefits
Please send a resume (quoting job number 15439) to DAN LABELLE, Senior Recruitment Consultant, at [email protected] or call 204.926.3514 for more information.
Does your current job harness your full potential? As a leading recruitment firm in Manitoba, with 25 industry specialized recruiters, Pinnacle can help. Think of Pinnacle as a personal shopper for your career: First, we get to know you – your skills, experience, career goals, and desired work culture. Next, we pick the best career opportunities from an exclusive list, many of which you will never see advertised. Finally, once you (and our clients) have found a perfect fit, Pinnacle helps you with the details to ensure a smooth transition. Best of all, we offer this service at no cost to you. When you’re prepared to take the next step in your career, Pinnacle will be ready.
Share this Post