SENIOR DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR (Winnipeg, Manitoba)
Here is a one-of-a-kind opportunity to be “master of data”, offering hindsight, insight and foresight to a leading Manitoba company.
This company’s current database environment is Microsoft based, with a mix of SQL Server 2016 and 2012 to capture reporting data. To date, most enterprise data warehouse solutions (EDWs) were handled by a development team or were outsourced.
This role will be the company’s first Senior Database Administrator (DBA) whose sole focus will be on data validation, indexing, and automation. The Senior DBA will be tasked with moving the company from Excel to dashboard reporting, with the ultimate goal of integrating multiple data sources into a data lake.
Above all, it is an opportunity to truly own the solution you create. This role requires a database professional who is as strong in theory and planning as they are with execution – someone who can turn plans into solutions that deliver real business value.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
* Index, organize, and validate existing data
* Automate reporting and improve batch processes
* Provide guidance on best practices for data
* Design, implement, and maintain new big data solutions
* 10+ years of experience working with Microsoft SQL databases in a variety of environments, including SQL Server 2016, 2012 and 2008 R2
* 7+ years of experience with indexing, performance tuning, and table manipulation
* Hands-on experience with SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) and Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS), plus experience working in an EDW
* 3+ years of experience working with Big Data solutions, including knowledge of data lakes, ETL, and data cleansing
* Experience in the insurance, financial or other regulated service industry
* Ability to convert theoretical solutions into useable business intelligence
* Post-secondary degree, diploma, or certification in a related area is an asset
WHY WORK WITH THIS COMPANY?
* First role of its kind with the company – opportunity to own the solution
* Opportunities for professional development
* Competitive salary & benefits
Please send a resume (quoting job number 15432) to IAN MCLEOD, Senior IT Recruitment Consultant, at [email protected] or phone 204.926.2243 for more information.
Does your current job harness your full potential? As a leading recruitment firm in Manitoba, with 25 industry specialized recruiters, Pinnacle can help. Think of Pinnacle as a personal shopper for your career: First, we get to know you – your skills, experience, career goals, and desired work culture. Next, we pick the best career opportunities from an exclusive list, many of which you will never see advertised. Finally, once you (and our clients) have found a perfect fit, Pinnacle helps you with the details to ensure a smooth transition. Best of all, we offer this service at no cost to you. When you’re prepared to take the next step in your career, Pinnacle will be ready.
Share this Post