CONTROLLER (Winnipeg, Manitoba)
Are you a Controller who thrives in a role with a variety of responsibility, working with senior leadership in a growing, team-focused environment? Here is an excellent opportunity to work with an established Canadian brand, leading accounting and finance operations for multiple locations in Manitoba and Ontario.
As Controller, you will be responsible for all financial reporting and management for 22 company locations, as well as leading a team of accounting professionals. If you are results-driven and have a passion for learning and growing a business, contact Courtney at Pinnacle today.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
* Complete full cycle accounting for 22 retail locations, including inter-company transfers, balance sheet and petty cash management
* Manage and evaluate the accounting team; conduct regular performance reviews
* Prepare month-end financial reporting
* Oversee year-end processes – 3 times per year between the different locations
* Continuously analyze and improve accounting and payroll processes
* Complete ongoing budgeting, forecasting, and financial analysis
* Oversee payroll processing and benefits administration for 1,300 employees
* Liaise with external accounting firm to prepare for annual audits
* Advise leadership team on financial and accounting matters
* Attend financial meetings and liaise with bank representatives
* Assist IT manager with vender management
* 7+ years of full cycle accounting experience
* CPA designation (form CA designation preferred)
* Strong experience with accounting and payroll software (Great Plains and CanPay preferred)
* Track record of developing and improving accounting processes, including effective change management
* Proven leadership skills
* Flexible and driven work ethic, with a passion for continuous learning and growth
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
WHY WORK WITH THIS COMPANY?
* Well-known Canadian brand, with new stores opening every year
* Company values work-life balance
* Strong salary and benefits
Please send a resume (Word format preferred) quoting job 15424 to ANAND SAHAY, Senior Recruitment Consultant, at [email protected] or phone 204.926.3512 for more information.
ABOUT ACCOUNTANTS NOW
Does your current job harness your full potential? As a recruitment firm dedicated solely to the accounting and finance sector in Manitoba, Accountants Now can help. Think of Accountants Now as a personal shopper for your accounting and finance career: First, we get to know you – your skills, experience, career goals, and desired work culture. Next, we pick the best career opportunities from an exclusive list, many of which you will never see advertised. Finally, once you have found a perfect fit, Accountants Now helps ensure a smooth transition. Best of all, we offer this service at no cost to you. When you’re prepared to take the next step in your career, Accountants Now will be ready.
Share this Post